Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

MtechJon's ZHP project

I found my ZHP about 2 months ago owned it for a month. Glad that I finally joined zhpmafia, been wanting to create this project thread for everyone's input and for future reference

Summary
    2006 330Ci
    performance package/ smokers package
    made in 2005-10-12
    Silbergrau Metallic - A08
    90000 miles on it
    Automatic transmission
    The dealer didnt know anything about this car looks like they picked it up at an auction
    I dont know much about the history except for the dmv reports and the carfax there is a report of a small crash

The problems:
    CCV is covered in oil (got a new one and installing it tomorrow)
    Oil sensor bad (got it with my ccv)
    Intake boot whistles found a tear, just got a new oem one for right now
    the lumbar on my seat was set to max and was stuck (fixed it will post some pics I took of repair)
    my right head light doesn't adjust
    was missing driver side reflector
    The rims!
    Front bumper looked like it got hit pretty good going to take it off and see what clips are broken
    Interior leather is in pretty good condition the black cube trim is pretty scratched up in some places
    removed the intake filter the other day that thing was so old it started braking apart in my hand replaced it with a k&n filter

Plan on doing the usual maintenance for these engines first before I start upgrading

Upgrades that im thinking about doing
    Underdrive pulley kit (turner motorsport)
    Silicone radiator hose and silicone intake boot (stett,ecs,mishimoto?)
    Strut bar
    ECS tuning seems to have some pretty good prices
    recommendations on a good set of headers and exhaust?
    Gloss black kidney grills
    Joined the group buy for the 17" apex rims

Name:  forum zhp 1.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  314.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0348zhp.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  302.3 KB

Looks like the fender is bent in a little
    Name:  IMG_0357.JPG
Views: 795
Size:  278.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0366.JPG
Views: 818
Size:  251.0 KB

The filter i pulled out
    Name:  IMG_0342.JPG
Views: 819
Size:  362.5 KB
    Last edited by MtechJon; 05-18-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    Z4M FCAB's , M3 Strut Bar , Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates , M3 Engine Mounts , ECS Black Kidney Grilles , Satin Black Apex ARC-8 17" x 8.5" Squared set up, Alcantara Coby wrap w/ Blue stitching

Welcome and nice thread. I've had the Turner under drive pulleys on my ZHP for 70-80K and really like what it does for the car. The only issue I've had was with my power steering pump. I think it was a sticky valve that did correct itself however; I still have a slight wine at low or no speed. It may or may not be related to the pulleys.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Welcome!

2004 ZHP Acquired: February 5, 2017
    Lorenzo's Project Thread

Welcome, man ! Your ZHP will look much better with APEX wheels.

Welcome.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome. We have a whole section on exhausts, but the TSE3 is definitely a favorite around here (and it's one of the louder exhausts). I don't know much about headers.

Afa boots, the Stetts are a tough fit at first, but get better once broken in. Not a lot of data on the Mishu... ones yet.

Tischner has great oem gloss black kidney grills.

I have the turner pulleys, really not much difference other than seemingly easier breathing at freeway speeds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Upon further inspection of my ccv oembimmerparts sent me the climate control version, my car doesnt have the cold climate package but was reading that I can still install this version on my car as an upgrade but I can guarantee my car will never see temps below 30. Should I just install it either way or should I get the original one that i had ordered

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Welcome. We have a whole section on exhausts, but the TSE3 is definitely a favorite around here (and it's one of the louder exhausts). I don't know much about headers.

Afa boots, the Stetts are a tough fit at first, but get better once broken in. Not a lot of data on the Mishu... ones yet.

Tischner has great oem gloss black kidney grills.

I have the turner pulleys, really not much difference other than seemingly easier breathing at freeway speeds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks!
    Do you know the quality on the ecs kidney grills, as long as they fit properly they should be fine just wondering because there cheap compared to others?

Welcome. Glad you checked that filter!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

Welcome! Your car looks nice, will definitely improve with some APEX ARC-8s! Let's go through your list

Quote Originally Posted by MtechJon View Post
    Plan on doing the usual maintenance for these engines first before I start upgrading
    That's smart, and my preferred way of approaching a newly purchased used car.

CCV is covered in oil (got a new one and installing it tomorrow)
    Upon further inspection of my ccv oembimmerparts sent me the climate control version, my car doesnt have the cold climate package but was reading that I can still install this version on my car as an upgrade but I can guarantee my car will never see temps below 30. Should I just install it either way or should I get the original one that i had ordered
    I don't think installing the cold-climate CCV would be any than the standard one. The insulation shouldn't affect its function in normal temps, so you might as well skip the hassle of returning and waiting for a new part and just install it. It's also a good selling point if it goes to someone that lives in a colder climate.

Oil sensor bad (got it with my ccv)
    A bad oil level sensor is common. I plan to replace mine during my next oil change.

Intake boot whistles found a tear, just got a new oem one for right now
    Silicone radiator hose and silicone intake boot (stett,ecs,mishimoto?)
    OEM should be fine. There might be a slight increase in proper air flow with a silicone boot from someone like Stett, and it will have a longer life, but OEM will do just fine for now.

As for silicone radiator hoses, I don't know too much about them being a failure point compared to other components in a cooling system. Someone else can discuss that.

the lumbar on my seat was set to max and was stuck (fixed it will post some pics I took of repair)
    That's annoying, but glad you were able to fix it. Interested in your DIY on the repair.

my right head light doesn't adjust
    That I'm not sure what you can do about. Do you mean it won't auto-level, or won't swivel when you turn the steering wheel? Someone else can chime in but it might be a failed adjustment motor or something else.

was missing driver side reflector
    Have you since filled it in? I prefer the look of either clear reflectors or painted reflectors more than the amber ones. If you're looking for clear reflectors I believe Khoalty have a set, and I bought my painted reflectors from Bimmian and I really like them.

The rims!
    Joined the group buy for the 17" apex rims
    Smart plan, I'm on the group buy as well and am very excited for the performance it'll bring. I agree they'll look better than your current wheels. What color are you going with?

Front bumper looked like it got hit pretty good going to take it off and see what clips are broken
    You might be able to PDR the dent on the front fender above the bumper, I'm not sure. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think there are some adjustment tabs underneath the bumper so you can get it to line up properly. Try and document whatever you see if you can.

Interior leather is in pretty good condition the black cube trim is pretty scratched up in some places
    I have some scratches in my trim. I learned to live with it given the price tag for new parts. Sadly, our trim tends to show scratches pretty easily because of the pattern. If you want to replace the trim, wait for a part out car, you might get lucky.

Underdrive pulley kit (turner motorsport)
    Others can chime in, such as Guy who already has. I don't have these but I have considered them for the small performance boost they're supposed to provide.

Strut bar. ECS tuning seems to have some pretty good prices
    They have a couple good options, just a matter of how much you want to spend. Mason Engineering is supposed to have a great bar since it's a single piece of metal. I plan to wait for a sale and pick up the chrome OEM M3 strut bar since it's much cheaper than the black OEM M3 bar, and I'll just sand and paint it black.

recommendations on a good set of headers and exhaust?
    There are a lot of options, but several members have had and enjoy the UUC TSE3 exhaust. Headers I'm less familiar with. Status Gruppe makes some good ones, eBay headers used to be popular, not sure what the best is.

Gloss black kidney grills. Do you know the quality on the ecs kidney grills, as long as they fit properly they should be fine just wondering because there cheap compared to others?
    I think ECS Tuning's quality is supposed to be fine. They have the same number of slats as OEM so at least it will look the same. Another member asked about kidney grilles in this thread here and it seems most members prefer the OEM BMW Performance gloss black grilles.

Hope that helps, and again, welcome!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast