Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Hey everyone haven't updated here in a while. Car is running pretty strong, Only engine maintenance it has needed in 2018 is oil change, along with topping off the oil once in a while, idk if you guys remember about the whistling I was talking about and couldn't figure it out for the life of me but eventually I got a check engine light and checked it out with my scanner and was basically saying an air leak so I checked the levels as I spray certain parts of the engine with brake spray hopping it wasn't my cat sensors. Apparently it was the lower intake boot which I thought I looked at it before and replaced it but man that thing was torn pretty good underneath, no more high pitch whistle after that lol.

I do have a couple questions for you all.

My front and rear shocks are toast was thinking about getting the koni yellow with H/R sport/race springs, anyone got this set up and like it? or should I just go with the koni yellow by itself?

Im also looking to get a nice net for my trunk to make sure stuff doesn't move around, holding stuff like a backpack and duffel bag ,got any suggestions?
    Z4M FCAB's , M3 Strut Bar , Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates , M3 Engine Mounts , ECS Black Kidney Grilles , Satin Black Apex ARC-8 17" x 8.5" Squared set up, Alcantara Coby wrap w/ Blue stitching

Quote Originally Posted by MtechJon View Post

My front and rear shocks are toast was thinking about getting the koni yellow with H/R sport/race springs, anyone got this set up and like it? or should I just go with the koni yellow by itself?
    I also am in the market for some struts and maybe springs and while the Koni Yellows are highly recommended here, my indy and several people I've actually spoken to in person all recommended Bilstein instead. I'm still trying to see which I will go with as well but just throwing that out there.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    I also am in the market for some struts and maybe springs and while the Koni Yellows are highly recommended here, my indy and several people I've actually spoken to in person all recommended Bilstein instead. I'm still trying to see which I will go with as well but just throwing that out there.
    Koni >>> Bilstein for a daily driver. Bilsteins ride like shit on the street compared to Koni yellows or FSD's.

Im pretty set on getting the Koni's just not sure if i should get the H&R springs
    Z4M FCAB's , M3 Strut Bar , Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates , M3 Engine Mounts , ECS Black Kidney Grilles , Satin Black Apex ARC-8 17" x 8.5" Squared set up, Alcantara Coby wrap w/ Blue stitching

I liked my H&R setup. I also loved myRace Springs, but my car was VERY low on those.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I'm also running Koni yellows with H&R sport springs... very happy with this setup. When I had the Bilstiens with the H&R sport springs, every bump was cringe worthy.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    When I had the Bilstiens with the H&R sport springs, every bump was cringe worthy.
    Yeah - this is the suspension combo my car had when I bought it, and is the very reason I used to dodge every single pothole and bump I possibly could. Going over them was almost spine shattering.

I'm in absolutely love with my Bilstein PSS10 coilovers I have currently.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

If you put the Bilstien sports next to Koni yellows, you'll see why: the Bilsteins are a much shorter shock... bottoms out sooner with lowered springs
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    If you put the Bilstien sports next to Koni yellows, you'll see why: the Bilsteins are a much shorter shock... bottoms out sooner with lowered springs
    Part of that reason is because of the huge internal bumpstop. You can open them and trim the bumpstop down to help this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I think I’m gonna stick with just the yellow koni and use my original springs, I don’t really want it any lower then what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast