Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

License Plate Frames

Ok, bear with me here:

I need new license plate frames on the Z. I don't want the stupid chrome frame with Sewell printed on it.

I'm looking at just a straight black, metal is preferred. I don't want to go with plastic. BMW has their own Chrome Black, which I've seen and really like...but they want like $28 or something crazy per frame. I need a front and rear. Apparently the BMW front is slimmer, don't ask me why.

Does anyone know a place where I can get a similar frame? Jlevi, Khoa, DDM all have CF Frames which I don't want.

-Kyle

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Blank Black Metal License Plate Frame
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B002A3MYOK

From Amazon:
    Fits 6 by 12 inch DMV License Plates
    Made of Die Cast Metal with a Black Plated Finish
    Great Item for your Car, Truck or RV
    Two mounting holes on the top only
    Room on bottom of frame for decals or engraving. Looks good just left blank
    Sounds like there is room for a ZHP Mafia sticker on the bottom!

I may have to pick one up!

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

/facepalm

Ebay and Amazon completely lost track of my mind...jeez

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

No problem! Not the first place I would've looked either. The pic doesn't really do it justice. I might be skeptical...

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

M0nk3y, this what I have, they wrap very nice and are very affordable:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0305&ppt=C0155
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

I know you don't want plastic but the Bimmian color matched plate frames look nice. If you click on my signature pic, you can see some pics of my car with mine installed.

http://www.bimmian.com/PPF

I picked up my black metal frames at Wal Mart and had a can of Imola paint mixed up and painted mine. Anything to make that ugly front plate less conspicuous.

Barry

Where exactly do you guys get the cans of imola paint mixed up?

Droid Bionic! Boom! Winning!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Where exactly do you guys get the cans of imola paint mixed up?
    I get mine at a local auto parts store that has a separate body shop supply section. I would think anywhere that sells/mixes automotive paints would be able to hook you up. They just punch in the BMW paint code 405 into their machine and it does the rest.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    I get mine at a local auto parts store that has a separate body shop supply section. I would think anywhere that sells/mixes automotive paints would be able to hook you up. They just punch in the BMW paint code 405 into their machine and it does the rest.

Barry
    My car is in the shop now and we're getting the left over paint so it'll be pretty easy do that that. I'll just go the walmart route. Good idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast