Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
Wow, $215 a wheel is pricey. Ouch. Is that the place in South Carolina or whatever that's so well-known in the E39 M5 community? If they can get $215/wheel, more power to 'em.

I'm looking at about $100/wheel for powder-coating a single color, or $150/wheel if I wanted a two-step color like the shadow chrome. That's a well-known, well-regarded local shop that does a lot of really nice projects. It's extra if a couple of the wheels need any straightening or aluminum filling/welding on the rim. He said they usually just smooth them out, which I don't like. I'd rather have material added than taken away.

If anybody's interested, here's the guys I'm talking to...
https://www.facebook.com/armorpowdercoatings/

It's fun just to scroll through their photos to see the variety of projects. They do that hydro-dipping thing, too and have a couple of videos. Nothing I'd put on my own car, but it's an amazing process.

SC
The place I went to is in Queens Ny and they do mostly oem setups from dealers. I'm sure that's why they wanted so much. My wheels were horribly curbed tho and they had to add material.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
I don't think shipping's that bad. Probably $60-100 if you can put two wheels to a box.
Last time I shipped wheels was probably 2012 and it cost around 160. The boxes were huge and I wouldn't stack them with the heavy 135s haha. If I were to ship I would probably just cover the faces and wrap them in plastic wrap.