Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Belt/Bearing Noise

Hey Guys back again! I'm having a noise issue that's driving me up a wall. I can't seem to find any good information on it, so I've decided to make a new post. I'm getting an old bearing noise that's super loud at start up and when I start to engage the clutch. I've so far replaced the idler pulley, tensioner pulley, water pump, ac mechanical tensioner/pulley, and belts since May of last year. I believe, but I'm not 100% confident on it, that I've isolated the noise towards the alternator, power steering area. Any help would be a godsend!

Can you record and post a video of it?

Unfortunately the car had already been running when I saw this message. Sound is semi gone by the time it heats up. It is apparent when I'm engaging, especially when I don't give a lot of gas. So i included that for now. I'll probably have the time to get a good video by Thursday the soonest I believe.
    https://youtu.be/Ra5kvcYa2ao

https://youtu.be/bAr-Ujq1y3Q

Hmm...not sure what that is. Sounds...dry and grindy.

It does heh. Is there anything else that you can possibly think of that dries out like that? Any bearings maybe? May be a dumb question but should the tensioner pulley move at all while the engine is on? Watching it, there looks to be a little bit of bounce.

Nothing comes to mind, but other members might know of other culprits.

Take the belt off and spin the alternator, power steering and water pump pulleys to see if they are noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Take the belt off and spin the alternator, power steering and water pump pulleys to see if they are noisy.
    Good idea. And the tensioners/idlers.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    How is it supposed to sound and or feel? I tried it a few weeks ago and I didn't feel anything abnormal, or at least like how the dried out idler and tensioner pulleys felt like.

And if you guys can answer my question from earlier. It's noticeable in the video, is the tensioner supposed to wobble like that?

May have found it. The idler pulley is incredibly tough to turn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast