Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Overheating and seems to be leaking from ET cap

My car has 267k miles and the thermostat, all radiator hoses have been replaced in the last month, everything was fine till earlier this week my car would have a puddle underneath the radiator. I topped off the fluid a couple times and today it's started steaming under the hoo ld and then my temperature gauge was too high..... any advice on what it could be?

Thanks yall

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

With leaks, I would look at the usual suspects: water pump, expansion tank and/or radiator.

Love seeing high mile cars!

head gasket? if it's leaking from the ET cap, you've got some higher-than-normal pressures in there. someone correct me if i'm mistaken.

and +1 on the high miles! love it. my friend who i sold my black ZHP coupe to is up to 405K KMs (roughly 251K miles!). running great too!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

When was the water pump last replaced? How old is the expansion tank/cap?
    12 BMW X5 3.5i xDrive (E70)
    12 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 turbo (the black sheep)
    03 BMW 330i ZHP (E46)
    01 BMW X5 3.0i (E53)
    79 Triumph Spitfire
    73 MGB

Radiator. Easy to change and once you get the old one out it will be obvious. Mine was seeping for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. And definitely the tank first. Sorry, reread the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this is what happened and how it is going on now....... I bled the cooling system numerous times..... the steaming stopped, no leaks and no overheating.
    The funny thing is that the last time it overheated, the temperature gauge passed the middle I was backing out of my drive way, it's on a pretty steep incline, I leveled out and then my temperature gauge went towards the blue, my obc said 60°C ...... a couple minutes later it goes from 94°C to 107°C, 107 at idle but mostly now while driving it stays between94hi to 99°C . So far so good. My low coolant dash light comes on every so often. I ordered aux fan switch, coolant level sensor, the seal for aux switch and 2 expansion tank to engine hoses.

The radiator and water pump are next on my list. The ET cap is almost 2 years old maybe 50k miles on it and made by G.A.S...... ET is 2k miles old along with the thermostat and most of the radiator hoses.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk