Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RSM fail X2

Damn....I replaced my failed BC RSMs with the OEM M3 RSMs in my ZHP and now after reading this thread....I'm thinking about getting two sets of RE RSMs, one for each car....

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Damn....I replaced my failed BC RSMs with the OEM M3 RSMs in my ZHP and now after reading this thread....I'm thinking about getting two sets of RE RSMs, one for each car....

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk
    Good idea.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Group buy??

Wouldnt be a bad idea to look into, I can email them. Are the rogue front/rear strut mounts poly or just heavy duty? Really don't want to sacrifice ride quality anymore than it will with the coils going on the car. I definitely need some sort of new strut mounts to go with my coils.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

No poly in them is my understanding, just a better design. I'd be in for 2 sets if we can do a group buy. Thanks for your efforts Jacob!

Ahh, right on. Well I'll shoot them an email as well tomorrow and see what they have to say.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

the rogue ones are nice, i have them in my car. obey the torque specs for the shock shaft nut.

my OEM RSMs had around 135K miles when they came out - they were in surprisingly good shape.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post

my OEM RSMs had around 135K miles when they came out - they were in surprisingly good shape.
    That's what I thought too. Mine only had about 50k on them.
    Here's what the one that popped out looks like...

Looks pretty good, right? I discovered after I got it off the shock that it's completely split around the center.

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Wow. Rob. I've not seen a fail like that. Glad you and the car are ok. I went Rogue on mine. Probably need to on Colin's too. He's due for suspension refresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Glad nothing worse happened, eeesh!
    When it happened, I knew right away something was wrong. It makes pretty loud sound to let you know it turned to shit....
    What was surprising is just how strange and unstable the car was missing one shock.... that whole corner felt loose: lots of oscillation in every direction.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Yes they work with any shock with 10mm or 12mm shaft.
    If you have externally adjustable shocks they have a 12mm shaft.
    Rear coilovers still use a conventional shock so they'll work with those too.

EDIT: Just wanted to be clear, the 10mm and 12mm are 2 different part numbers. Most of us will be using the 10mm
    Pair these with bc coil overs sounds good to me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast