Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Happy anniversary Danny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Thank you! Drove her yesterday about 130 miles! Still love this car just as much as the day I bought her!

You can’t out-Miata the Miata. Congrats.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

My car is famous! This video is a background story of how the group I run with got started. The thumbnail and many of the photos throughout the video are my photos. And then my car makes a cameo at 6:39 in the video!!

Getting prepared for the first track day of the season on Sunday. At the last event I realized my brakes were feeling not so good. I was still running ATE Super Blue, so it has been in there a while. Time to change that! Got some ATE TYP200 and flushed it! Thanks to a friend for the help and for adjusting the belts!

Then I picked up some tires. My brother-in-law had some Nitto NT01's he was selling. Only one track day on them and he sold them to me for a good price. Yes please!

Mmmmm...nice and sticky!

Also changed the oil and gave it a bath. I'm now ready for the weekend! Car should be much better now! Hoping for some much improved times, but GPS signal isn't very good at AMP from the cell phone. Debating on renting or buying an AIM SOLO to use, but the new one is out and its selling out faster then they can get them in. Decisions decisions...It'll be good to see some old friends and to make some new ones this weekend!

Had the season opener with Jzilla Trackdays at Atlanta Motorsports Park. The "Death of Winter" event as they call it. Always an amazing time! Car was great! I was running back to back sessions, so 40 minutes straight on track with a car that has 230,000 miles on it. It was flawless!

I got to take my dad around the track one last time before my parents moved to Michigan. He's the one that got me into cars, so it was nice to take him around!

So the NT01's were INCREDIBLE! I'm hooked! Downside is, I have no data to prove they were faster, or that I'm improving as a driver. Time to change that!

I turned 25 a few weeks ago, so naturally that means emissions time...This car only passed last year, because the emissions guy helped me out big time. I was worried, but this was the last time this car will ever need an emissions test. Just pass this once, please! Retarded the timing and headed to the test. This guy didn't want to run the test, because my car was too low...I had to turn the cat 90* to get it to fit with the seat. So its the lowest part of the car. He was afraid it would hit the ground when he dropped the rollers. I wasn't, run the damn test! He struggled to get into the car, due to the height and the race seat. Sorry, bud! He was a very by the book kind of guy, this wasn't looking good for the car.

Thankfully retarding the timing did the trick, and it passed...barely! Passed on NOx by less than 100ppm. Phew! Never have to do that again!

I have a really big hole in my top, so my friend let me borrow his hardtop. I need one now!

Last weekend I also got the chance to drive an Exocet for an extended period of time...WOW are they fun! It was turbo'd. Weighed 1600lbs and had 210hp! If anything ever happens to my car, this will be the next step.

Great update! That's impressive that it's running smoothly at 230k

Awesome you got to take your dad out again before they move. My parents would have a heart attack if they went for a ridealong.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Great update! That's impressive that it's running smoothly at 230k
    It’s running stronger than ever! It’s still pushing a whopping 107hp to the wheels! I was expecting it to be double digits when I dyno’d it a few years back!

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Awesome you got to take your dad out again before they move. My parents would have a heart attack if they went for a ridealong.
    My dad rides with me almost every event, but it was nice to get one in just before he left. My mom was going to ride with me, which she’s never done and too scared to do. But since she was moving she was going to do it! Unfortunately she had to watch my niece and sister since they got sick that day.

Two weeks ago I went to Road Atlanta for the Esses of Summer with Jzilla Trackdays. What an event as always! My first time at Road Atlanta with some real tires. Last time I had all season Neo Gens. Good tire for the street, but not so much for the track. Now I was on NT01's, which is quite the jump! I love these tires! I was taking turn 1 20mph faster than before! Turn 12 I took flat for the first time, but my butt was puckered the entire time!

My friend brought out his Datsun race truck, but unfortunately it broke down on the second lap of the day. So I let him drive my Miata. He has an NB, so I wasn't worried. My car was doing double and even triple time when I did back to back sessions. The car was on track for 60 minutes straight without an issue! It has 230,000 miles on it!

First time using my AIM Solo, and it was incredible! My previous best time at RA (based on GoPro footage) was a 2:09. This time I ran a 1:58.1! I definitely had a 1:57 or maybe a 1:56 in me, but I couldn't get clean laps and ran out of gas. Nothing broke, and the car was doing great. Good time to head home. It was also HHHHOOOOTTT outside, so that didn't help.

Thanks to ChadbeePhotography for the awesome photos!

And since my friend was driving my car, I got to take photos of my own car!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast