Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Damn, those custom quilted interior door panels are sexy.

Serious respect for the amount of stuff you've done and dealt with in that car.
    Thanks you! The door panels have been done by a bunch of people. It is just basically doing a much cheaper DIY version of what Nakamae sells in Japan for the Miata's! It totally changes the way the interior feels!

Very good stuff.

Wow, I would really love a Miata, but I'm 6'6 so it doesn't work for me lol but this is awesome. I love that gauge cluster!!
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

i echo the sentiments about the gauge cluster, and door panels - very nice work, they look 'at home' in the interior. what stands out now, though, are your seats! they look out of place. any plans to reupholster the seats?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Very good stuff.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by FL116 View Post
    Wow, I would really love a Miata, but I'm 6'6 so it doesn't work for me lol but this is awesome. I love that gauge cluster!!
    I'm 6'2'' and fit! With the right seats and a hard top, I'm sure you could fit! My biggest issue is leg room, but I know some very tall (and very...wide) people who own Miatas!
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i echo the sentiments about the gauge cluster, and door panels - very nice work, they look 'at home' in the interior. what stands out now, though, are your seats! they look out of place. any plans to reupholster the seats?
    The seats are definitely in need of replacing! The pictures posted here don't show how terrible they look now! The driver seat is destroyed now! It was ripping when I bought the car, but it has progressively gotten worse!

I had the choice a year or so ago to dump some money into the Miata to make it nice (paint, seats, etc.) or buy a daily and I obviously own a ZHP now! lol Eventually I think it will get Lotus Elise or Exige seats in it!

Haha I'm not sure if a 6'6" man could fit in a Miata. I'm 6' but I have a tall trunk. I barely fit in it with either the hard top on or the soft top up.

You're right, 6'6" is probably a stretch but if you can't fit you are missing out on an amazing car! Just always drive with the top down!

Agreed! When the top is down I sometimes have to look over the windshield to see the traffic light. It might be cliche to say it, but a Miata is one of those cars that everyone should drive once, just to feel what it's like.

It really is, and it is hard to explain why. I mean sure, you can tell people how fun and 50-50 weight distribution, blah blah blah! But you just have to get behind the wheel to experience it for yourself!

So after the last track event I parked the car because it was leaking coolant BAD! I was super busy and didn't get around to really working on it until about a month ago! What an event it has been...I love this car to death, but it always gives me such a PITA! Parts ordered straight from Mazda weren't fitting, because they were off by just the tiniest little bit, or seals were fitting but they would catch on something going in and they would tear. Stupid little things kept pushing the project back! It has been such a headache, but it is finally all put back together!

And yes, the whole car needs to be repainted! If you look at that front bumper the wrong way it'll chip paint off!

I miss the hell out of this car! driving it brought back such great memories and reminded me why this car is just so special! It has been 5.5 months since I last drove it! I had a nice relaxing drive with the top down tonight!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast