Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaumenl View Post
    BP, I'm curous how hard do you track your?
    I drive my car pretty hard on track. The only people that pass me on track are typically people with much faster cars, so I either keep pace or very slightly outdrive those with similar cars on track, but that may not mean much because I'm only in the Intermediate run group. I'm sure there are some advanced drivers in the higher run group that would squeeze a second faster lap than myself.

Here's a video for reference. I was experimenting with braking deeper in a couple of the corners the day this video was taken, so I do exercise the brakes hard enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPbHRQ5y3w
    (things don't heat up until maybe the 2nd or 3rd lap)

The rotors are up to the task? How many track days can you do before you need to change them?What pad are you running?
    So far, yes. My stock 330i rotors were always up to the task even with my stock brakes. As long as you use a good quality track pad and some good fluid, you shouldn't experience much fade. So far with my Wilwood kit, I have experienced zero fade.

I typically run 2-3 track days per year on average. Some years I'll do 4, but I run the calipers and rotors on the street as well. I swap out the brake pads between events. For the street I use Hawk Performance Ceramic pads purely because they came with the brake kit I bought. Once they wear out, I'll be going back to the EBC Redstuff pads I've used in prior years. For the track, I use PFC01 pads in the front and Hawk DTC60 pads in the rear, which is a configuration that also came with the brake kit I bought. Once those wear out, I will be looking for a suitable PFC line of pad but on all four corners, because OCD.

As far as rotor life goes - I typically get at least a couple of years out of a set of rotors. On average, I have driven 31k miles a year since I've owned my car, so those 31k miles per year include track events and daily driving. Rotors last a long time, as long as the pads you're using aren't too aggressive.

I have pretty much researched every single option and I think it is definitely the cheapest one to own (cost of ownership which includes cost of consumable was the most important factor for me). Pads are about 40/50% cheaper than the brembo/ST. Rotors are dirt cheap 55$ on amazon for high carbon centric (i have had good experience with them on other platforms) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    I can't speak to Centric rotors as I've never used them. I'm not sure what my car has now as the rotors were included with my used kit, but they are pretty much new with regards to material. They do need to be cut slightly because I think they're ever so slightly warped. I may just end up replacing them instead, but I haven't made that decision yet. The pads are pretty cheap, but good track pads are still $$. Don't cheap out with pads just because of price if you plan on going to the track, otherwise you'll get brake fade and less enjoyment out of the experience.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually went ahead and ordered the kit a yesterday. They were able to give me the 15% discount which is great! With ref to track pad, I bought hawk dtc 70/60 which are about 150$ per axle. This is very cheap compared to other pad shape (even OEM). They might be a bit hardcore for my skill level but that is what I got anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaumenl View Post
    I actually went ahead and ordered the kit a yesterday. They were able to give me the 15% discount which is great! With ref to track pad, I bought hawk dtc 70/60 which are about 150$ per axle. This is very cheap compared to other pad shape (even OEM). They might be a bit hardcore for my skill level but that is what I got anyway.

I had those pads on my E30 with the UUC BBK (technically Wilwood with UUC's branding on it). The torque control of them is quite nice, though I wasn't nearly as fast back then, so I can't comment on the overall experience with them. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

BP what brake fluid do you run on your setup? How is it? I'm looking for recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd330 View Post
    BP what brake fluid do you run on your setup? How is it? I'm looking for recommendations.
    ATE Typ 200, flushed every year or before every track event, whichever comes first.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    ATE Typ 200, flushed every year or before every track event, whichever comes first.
    This is the best. :D

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-17...ple-bleed.aspx

I use this instead of the Motive bleeder. It has a check valve so I can do a 1person bleed. (I pump the brakes while it just floowwws)

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    This is the best. :D

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-17...ple-bleed.aspx

I use this instead of the Motive bleeder. It has a check valve so I can do a 1person bleed. (I pump the brakes while it just floowwws)
    Dude thanks.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Dude thanks.
    A motive is hell of a lot nicer where you don't have to pump, but I needed a bleeder bottle anyways so why not? I'm glad I got this

-Sent from Mobile

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234