Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New member in OKC

Hello all, thanks for allowing me to join your community! I found my 2nd ZHP sedan on this forum in the classifieds around the first week of January and decided to pull the trigger on it based on only 3 previous owners and average number of miles. The vehicle in question was if I'm not mistaken uncovered by Fredo on a used car lot in north San Antonio, TX.

I exchanged several emails and text messeges with the salesman about the car and immediately discovered it was a very good candidate. The mileage (159,xxx) didn't worry me since I've seen several cars working at the dealer and the shop I work for now with well over 250,000 and still going strong. After several q/a sessions with the dealer I made a deposit on the car and hopped onto American Airlines.com to buy a one-way ticket to south Texas at the crack of dawn.

Upon arrival, the car was exactly as it was described. In very good condition for its age/mileage, however as used cars go, it has flaws.. I filled 'er up with 91 and sped home, making a mental list of everything I noticed on the ground and while driving. My biggest concern was the blown-out right control arm bushing that caused the car to pull hard under braking. Learned that one in highway speed bumper to bumper traffic near downtown Austin! Got the car home with zero hiccups just as the sun was going down...

The trip was very impromptu, but was scheduled perfectly to coincide with my best friends first baby shower, another 2 hours on the road north to Wichita. Car hasn't let me down yet, no sense in putting miles on the F30 lease, put it back to it's paces! Wa, wa, wa waaaaaaa.. Plagued with the dreaded ZKW burnt bowls. I had my brights on the entire trip of 151 miles and no one even noiticed! Including myself!

It's now the weekend before last, Ive gotten my first shipment of a laundry list of parts and got the car on the lift at the shop. Replaced the valve cover, oil filter housing and oil pan gaskets that were leaving beer can size spots! Pulled the diff and replaced all 3 bushings along with the trailing arm bushings. Overhauled the shift rod bushing and installed a Z4M selector lever. Installed a new fuel filter and replaced the cracked vacuum line. Up top I tackled the intake boots, power steering intake/return hoses, expansion tank and radiator support, installed a set of AL headlights that I swapped my ZKW projector lenses into topped with new AL lenses and for some flair, I installed a euro short console with an aux input in the slider cubby.

I've finished everything on my list this last weekend to include the following: Buffed the ever-loving-hell out of every surface followed by 2 coats of butter wet wax, Factory alarm retrofit, homelink retrofit, new floor mats, stripped all the purple '90s window tint, installed a stage 1 BSW speaker kit (thanks to rattling factory HK midranges), Megan Racing lowering springs and did the coolant gauge buffer hexa reprogram.

All said it's a great car, and the combination Imola/anthracite I was searching for when i bought my alpine/sandbeige car 4 years ago. I plan on holding onto this on until I either blow it up or lose my job!

Name:  IMG_7859.JPG
Views: 380
Size:  147.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7860.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  IMG_7862.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7863.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  116.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7864.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  112.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7858.JPG
Views: 314
Size:  111.4 KB
    TITANSILBER/NATURBRAUN

"Drive slow and drink milk."

Welcome. Good color choice.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Great intro. Good having you around.

Welcome

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome!

What do you do in your spare time?

Just Kidding! Great intro.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Welcome!!

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Welcome. Glad to hear I could help to find this ZHP. I can tell she's in good hands !

Mmmmm....Imola! Welcome!

welcome! good work getting the issues sorted out promptly, too!

peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Welcome! The car looks great! You did quite the laundry list of maintenance, it should hopefully tide you over for some time. Are you a BMW tech or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Welcome! The car looks great! You did quite the laundry list of maintenance, it should hopefully tide you over for some time. Are you a BMW tech or something similar?
    Thanks, yeah figured I budgeted for a car that needed help, may as well hit it all while it was on the lift. I was a tech for the dealer for 11 years, left last May to work for a good friend of mine at an independent BMW shop in Edmond, OK.
    TITANSILBER/NATURBRAUN

"Drive slow and drink milk."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast