Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Thats a nice list. I got the rear suspension overhauled late last year and it made such a huge difference. Don't think you need to attack the subframe bushings - per Peter those do not wear out as much as the RTABs or the upper/lower (outer) ball-joints.

I also have VANOS + oil line (plus VCG) and brake overhaul as part of my 2017 list. The brake overhaul will consist of pads, rotors, calipers and lines.
    Thanks! I keep hearing clunks from the rear end occasionally and I already replaced all 3 diff bushings. I will first tackle the csb/guibo and see if that makes a difference, if not the most likely culprits I guess are the subframe bushings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Look into adams polishes.
    Thanks Vas, will look at those.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    I have a tool to help with SF and RTAB bushings.
    I tried to do the O2pilot mod this last weekend and I saw this -

Yup I remember, will hit you up when I need the tool Shawn!

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Hmm. Nut butter... tried just taking it for a spirited drive?
    Yup, I do that quite regularly. Hence the disappointment ☹️

That's disappointing, I feel like you changed it just last year.

I fear what mine looks like, but I'll be doing the O2 pilot mod or a catch can if/when I replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That's disappointing, I feel like you changed it just last year.

I fear what mine looks like, but I'll be doing the O2 pilot mod or a catch can if/when I replace it.
    Yup replaced it 1.5 years and 35k miles ago. I thought about a catch can too but I think I'd like to keep it stock, for now at least. If this ccv goes bad too then Il probably go with a catch can...

137007 miles - February 1 , 2017

Changed the oil and filter. BMW/Shell Oil with Mann filter

Ive been noticing something different driving the Zhp recently and I am hoping you guys can help me figure it out.
    The car is being upset by bumps on the road a lot more than usual. It feels kinda soft and floppy, this wasn't the case say a few months ago. It doesn't roll any more or less but the body sort of feels loose. I also haven't really changed the damper setting on the koni yellows recently. I've replaced the FCAB's and front end link about 30-35k miles ago and I haven't changed any rear suspension bits apart from the dampers but am planning to do so,namely rtabs and end links.
    So any ideas what might cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Ive been noticing something different driving the Zhp recently and I am hoping you guys can help me figure it out.
    The car is being upset by bumps on the road a lot more than usual. It feels kinda soft and floppy, this wasn't the case say a few months ago. It doesn't roll any more or less but the body sort of feels loose. I also haven't really changed the damper setting on the koni yellows recently. I've replaced the FCAB's and front end link about 30-35k miles ago and I haven't changed any rear suspension bits apart from the dampers but am planning to do so,namely rtabs and end links.
    So any ideas what might cause this?
    it's such a subjective thing... hard to diagnose without driving it.

how many miles on your car?

i would start with adjusting the damping on the yellows, just one click stiffer. see what happens.

then, i would replace the RTABs and outer control arm bushings - if they are still original, yeah, you definitely want to replace them.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast