Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    it's such a subjective thing... hard to diagnose without driving it.

how many miles on your car?

i would start with adjusting the damping on the yellows, just one click stiffer. see what happens.

then, i would replace the RTABs and outer control arm bushings - if they are still original, yeah, you definitely want to replace them.
    Car has 1388xx miles. Ya I agree, really have to drive the car. I'm having to give a lot more steering input as the car doesn't feel stable. I was thinking maybe it could be the steering guibo/coupler as well.

Ya I am planning on replacing all the rear suspension parts minus the subframe and diff bushings soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Car has 1388xx miles. Ya I agree, really have to drive the car. I'm having to give a lot more steering input as the car doesn't feel stable. I was thinking maybe it could be the steering guibo/coupler as well.

Ya I am planning on replacing all the rear suspension parts minus the subframe and diff bushings soon.
    138K on the stock RTABs? yep, those need to be changed.

go with the M3 units for the upper and lower outer control arm bushings, too.

and yes, the steering coupler is a good idea too.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

06 BSM-NB Coupe Maintenance/Project Thread

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    138K on the stock RTABs? yep, those need to be changed.

go with the M3 units for the upper and lower outer control arm bushings, too.

and yes, the steering coupler is a good idea too.
    Cool, will keep that in mind

Btw how do you check if subframe bushings are ok or not?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

When you say it's not stable, is it tramlining? I haven't followed your thread in a while, what condition are your tires in? I had Bridgestone's and Dunlop's tramline really bad towards the end of their life.

I changed my RTAB at 141k and they were still in great shape. You can stick a pry bar in there and check to see how easy it moves, they're designed to move but if it's sloppy, then you'll know they are bad.
    Also, did you use OEM LCAB? It varies but I've gotten as little 40k out of OEM
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    When you say it's not stable, is it tramlining? I haven't followed your thread in a while, what condition are your tires in? I had Bridgestone's and Dunlop's tramline really bad towards the end of their life.

I changed my RTAB at 141k and they were still in great shape. You can stick a pry bar in there and check to see how easy it moves, they're designed to move but if it's sloppy, then you'll know they are bad.
    Also, did you use OEM LCAB? It varies but I've gotten as little 40k out of OEM
    Don't think it's tramlining as I'm noticing this only when going over uneven surfaces and it's vertical movement rather than lateral. But my rears tires are quite close to being worn though, I have dws 06s and I can barely see the W on them now.
    I've used lemforder fcabs and replaced them about 35k miles ago.

06 BSM-NB Coupe Maintenance/Project Thread

If your tires are that worn, I still wouldn't rule that out.
    Tramlining is worse over uneven surfaces especially when the road surface is crowned or worn
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    If your tires are that worn, I still wouldn't rule that out.
    Tramlining is worse over uneven surfaces especially when the road surface is crowned or worn
    Oh ok. Guess Il start with checking rear suspension bushings and replace them. Was planning on buying new 17" wheels and tires anyway as I will be moving to Michigan in about 2 month. Don't think the 135s will last very long on those roads.

139027 miles - April 8 , 2017

Replaced the OFHG, that was leaking. The old gasket was still intact but was very brittle and quite flat, so was leaking quite a bit. Replacing it was not too difficult.

Name:  IMG_7254.JPG
Views: 210
Size:  1.59 MB

Also flushed the Brake fluid, as it was done almost 50k miles ago by the PO. The fluid as expected was quite dark and was definitely overdue. Drove the car today but did not notice any significant difference in braking performance or pedal feel.

Also since the weather was so good, I decided to wash the car. Just thought I would let everyone know that I have been using AMMO NYC Hydrate Paint Moisturizer and I quite like it. A few squirts on a microfiber towel when wiping the car down and it removes the water quite cleanly without leaving water marks. I recommend it!

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-hydrate/

Name:  IMG_7260.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  1.61 MB

Took the time to clean the Corsa exhaust tips, still nowhere near as clean or shiny as it can be but did as much as I could with a damp microfiber towel.

Name:  IMG_7261.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  1.29 MB

Solid stuff. I can't believe you're close to 140k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Solid stuff. I can't believe you're close to 140k miles.
    Thanks William! Now that the temperatures are going higher and roads are free of salt, Il be driving a lot more. I plan on replacing a lot of parts in the next 2 months, mostly driveline and suspension parts. Also I may be driving to D.C. next month, Il hit you up if/when I'm there...

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast