Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    seep·age
    ˈsēpij/
    noun

• the slow escape of a liquid or gas through porous material or small holes.
      • the quantity of liquid or gas that seeps out.

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Any seepage from those gaskets is just going back to the oil pan...
    Pardon my ignorance, but I can’t tell if you’re saying “seep back to the oil pan” is a good outcome or a bad one...
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

That part is internal as opposed to an external oil leak which causes oil to seep out of the engine, causing a mess and oil loss. An oil leak inside the engine is just going to return to the oil pan. I doubt those gaskets would leak bad enough to affect the oil pressure needed to activate the VANOS...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

March 24th
    Tranny Fluid change with Redline D4 ATF
    Installed Apex Arc-8

I’m planning to take the Zhp out of storage on April 8th, so I started to work on the car slowly. Yesterday I swapped the 135s with the Apex/PSS and changed the transmission fluid. I previously used redline MTL and wasn’t too happy with it after a few thousand miles hopefully the ATF will be better.
    Next on the list is VANOS seals and the “while I’m in there” parts including speak plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    March 24th
    Tranny Fluid change with Redline D4 ATF
    Installed Apex Arc-8

I’m planning to take the Zhp out of storage on April 8th, so I started to work on the car slowly. Yesterday I swapped the 135s with the Apex/PSS and changed the transmission fluid. I previously used redline MTL and wasn’t too happy with it after a few thousand miles hopefully the ATF will be better.
    Next on the list is VANOS seals and the “while I’m in there” parts including speak plugs.

What didn't you like about MTL?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    What didn't you like about MTL?
    It was fine for the first 10-15k miles or so but later the gear shifting wasn’t smooth at all, felt like the oil degraded, especially 1-2 shift. But surprisingly as I was draining the oil yesterday, the oil didn’t look too bad, meaning it wasn’t dark and it still had the reddish hue to it. Recently I realized that redline themselves recommends ATF for our cars and some members here recommend it so thought I’d give it a try.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

158378 miles - April 7th 2018

Changed engine oil and filter.

Finally took the zhp out of storage after a bit of maintenance. 2 weeks ago I replaced the transmission oil and this past Saturday I replaced the engine oil and filter. I initially wanted to replace the VANOS, VCG and spark plugs while it was in storage but I was quite busy and wasn’t able to get to it. I will be out of the country for 3 weeks starting this Friday so it’l have to wait until end of May most likely. But I’m happy to be driving the zhp again. The car started without any issues. Also I think I prefer the redline ATF over the MTL I had earlier. Shifting gears seems much more smoother now. I drove the car about 200 miles since I took it out and all seems good so far...

Went past 160k miles this past weekend when I drove to NJ and back on a 1400 mike road trip.
    The VCG leak is quite bad now and is mostly responsible for the 600 Mile half quart top ups. But unfortunately don’t think I have the time till mid June to replace the VCG and VANOS. Car is filthy and is in need of a wash as well.

163097 miles - June 9th 2018

Replaced VANOS seals and spark plugs.

I was so long overdue to replace the vanos seals. The rubber seals were completely brittle and turned to plastic. I also replaced the spark plugs cause they have about 100k miles on them. They looked good with no black deposit on them. I also replaced few other seals which BMWCurves recommended. Overall wasn’t a difficult DIY. Just a lot of nuts and bolts to deal with.

I noticed the car seems to have a bit more torque at low end which was expected. I’m taking it easy for the 200 miles or so. Since my commute everyday is about 80 miles it shouldn’t take too long. It will be interesting to see how much difference there is once I start driving normally.

Nice, glad you got it squared away.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast