Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Nice, glad you got it squared away.
    +1

My VCG was like hard plastic it was so brittle. 30% or the time spent on the job was getting all the little bits released from the valve cover and the block mating surface.

Glad you experienced the same small boost in torque as I did. I no longer notice it but I assume it’s still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Nice, glad you got it squared away.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1

My VCG was like hard plastic it was so brittle. 30% or the time spent on the job was getting all the little bits released from the valve cover and the block mating surface.

Glad you experienced the same small boost in torque as I did. I no longer notice it but I assume it’s still there.

Thanks gents.

Just another item marked “complete” from a list that only seems to get bigger.

I may have to look at my dampers next, the car is reacting quite harshly to the sucky MI roads. I’d be disappointed if I have to replace them though as they only have about 55k miles on them and are 2.5 years old.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

If I remember right you can drive the car like you stole it to break in the VANOS seals faster.

I remember driving back from Dane's after doing mine and realizing how much low end torque I was missing out on in 6th gear at highway speeds. Felt good.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    If I remember right you can drive the car like you stole it to break in the VANOS seals faster.
    If that’s true then my drive will be much more fun

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Thanks gents.

Just another item marked “complete” from a list that only seems to get bigger.

I may have to look at my dampers next, the car is reacting quite harshly to the sucky MI roads. I’d be disappointed if I have to replace them though as they only have about 55k miles on them and are 2.5 years old.

What dampers do you have currently?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    What dampers do you have currently?

Koni Yellows...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IDK about driving like you stole it after VANOS seals.... I did that and got a code for "Exhaust cam stuck"
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    IDK about driving like you stole it after VANOS seals.... I did that and got a code for "Exhaust cam stuck"
    Damn. Don’t tell me you had to open it all up again to fix it.

I was like F'it! cleared the code and drove easy for a while and it never came back so I guess I'm good...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I went to Milwaukee for the weekend. When heading back yesterday, I tried to start the car but it didn’t crank. Took the key out and tried once again and no luck. I checked the voltage on the instrument cluster and it read 12.7V. I thought it was probably the starter so I asked my friends to push the car and we were able to start it and when I check the battery voltage when the car was running it was about 14.7V. I head back home after driving 7 hrs and once I park it at my car port I turn it off and try to start again and it starts right up. Earlier today I try to start the car again to get to work and it starts up without any issues. Once I get to work I check the battery voltage after I turn the car off and it’s 12.4V.

So I’m thinking it’s not the battery or the alternator and is probably the starter. FYI the battery is 4 years old.

Does the starter die suddenly and not work again or does it show this intermittent behavior before eventually going for good?

Any other possible causes you folks can think of?

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast