Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

ApexFest 2-Day Track Event at NCCAR/ Garysburg, NC, April 9-10

A couple of us are registered for this event in April. Colin and I are going down on Saturday afternoon and driving on Sunday. This is our maiden voyage! There are a few slots left for Sunday...

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...3#.VsTXvfkrKUl

On April 9th and 10th, 2016, Apex Track Events will host a High Speed Driving Event on North Carolina’s Center for Automotive Research’s road course. This road course is ideally situated in Garysburg, NC and features a 40 feet wide bi-directional freshly paved road course with a ½ mile straightaway, 11 constant radius turns and large grassy run-off areas. There is no competition for times or trophies but a lot of fun to be had. Virtually any car is fully capable of handling this type of event.

This event is open to all makes and models and you do not have to be a club member to participate. There will be a weekend of track time and classroom instruction with 4 to 5 sessions lasting 20-25 minutes per day in a non-timed HPDE set up. Car sharing is allowed with separate registration for each driver. This event is sure to sell out so you should register soon. The price for the two-day weekend event at the race track is $299. And the price for a one day (either Saturday or Sunday) is only $169. Verified Instructors will be able to track for no charge. All we ask is that you help one novice student and one intermediate student. Driving History/Experience will be verified for all Instructors.

The only thing I've ever done is autocross. As someone with no track time nor HPDE schooling would I be allowed to participate in this? If so I would definitely be down for going on the Sunday.
    2004 Silver Grey ZHP Sedan 6 Speed Manual
    CDV Delete, AUX Input, Clear TMS Lights, Stealth Bulbs, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, Black Grille,
    aFe Stage 1 CAI Pro 5r, Dinan Front Strut Brace, CF Splitters, Active Autowerke Headers

That looks like an excellent price. If I didn't have other commitments, I would defiantly consider going.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by NickZHP View Post
    The only thing I've ever done is autocross. As someone with no track time nor HPDE schooling would I be allowed to participate in this? If so I would definitely be down for going on the Sunday.
    Yes. I've never done any of them. There is a classroom session in the morning and afternoon and an instructor rides with you. Sign up!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

Great experience. I worked these events at Mid-Ohio and Nelson Ledges with N. OH BMWCCA for years. May be the only thing besides family, I miss from the great north.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I'd consider, but... I don't think I'll have tires by then. Still have to replace one of my Kosei's and buy 8 new tires.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I'd consider, but... I don't think I'll have tires by then. Still have to replace one of my Kosei's and buy 8 new tires.
    Yikes!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Did one of them crack? I was looking at possibly buying Kosei K1's but have heard some bad things about them cracking.
    2004 Silver Grey ZHP Sedan 6 Speed Manual
    CDV Delete, AUX Input, Clear TMS Lights, Stealth Bulbs, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, Black Grille,
    aFe Stage 1 CAI Pro 5r, Dinan Front Strut Brace, CF Splitters, Active Autowerke Headers