Just thought I'd let you all know (you probably already do) about my experience trying to fix a stubborn transmission. In general, my 97k mile ZHP 6-speed shifts beautifully. The one exception: shifting into 1st or reverse when not moving. It was very difficult at times and required multiple attempts and occasionally a throttle blip. It was worse when the weather was cold. The fluid and transmission mounts were original. So yesterday I replaced the stock fluid with Redline MTL and the stock bushings with UUC blacks. This morning - no trouble at all shifting into either gear from a standstill. It made a discernible and welcome difference. I think the fluid was 90% of the improvement since the stock mounts were not in bad shape.

So anyways, for what it's worth, if your transmission is giving you headaches, start by flushing it with a high-quality fluid, and check your mounts for excessive flex.

Finally, just for point of reference, even though the stock tranny mounts were in decent shape after 97k miles, the engine mounts were not... at all! The passenger mount had collapsed into itself. The driver's mount had shortened about ¼ to ½ inch, though it hadn't yet collapsed. Clearly these should be treated like wear items and should be replaced before 100k miles.