Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wheel Cap Vinyl Stickers: Which Are the Best?

I wasn't really sure where to put this, so if mods prefer it somewhere else feel free to move it.

I recently purchased and am eagerly anticipating the arrival of a set of APEX ARC-8 wheels. They come with their own APEX branded wheel cap but I like the stock look of BMW roundels. I may go the route of buying actual BMW roundel caps for the wheels, but thought I would try my luck with vinyl stickers first since it's a cheaper and just as good looking option(I imagine). I've looked at a bunch of different stickers from Bimmian to Turner to eBay, but can't really decide one a good set. So my question to you is:

For those of you who have used vinyl BMW roundel stickers on their wheel caps, which brands did you buy and how did you like them?

I don't plan to transfer over the wheel caps from my 135s even though they'll fit because they're a little faded and worn.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

UPDATE:
    I ended up purchasing some BMW wheel caps from Amazon for ~$11. You can find them here. The fit and finish is pretty darn good for the price. I wouldn't recognize them as non-BMW if I didn't know. Pics and info can be found later in the thread here.
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 03-17-2016 at 04:39 PM.

I've always been under the impression based on their website language that Apex wheels accept the roundels out of your stock wheels with no issues.

Name:  111.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  71.5 KB

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternalis View Post
    I've always been under the impression based on their website language that Apex wheels accept the roundels out of your stock wheels with no issues.

Name:  111.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  71.5 KB
    They're supposed to. But I don't want to transfer over the wheel caps from my stock 135s because they're a little worn and faded. I'm being a cheap-o and opting to buy roundel stickers to put on the caps provided by APEX instead of buying a whole new set of BMW wheel caps.

I believe someone on E46F (maybe here?) said that there's a really awesome deal on 68mm center caps on Amazon right now.. Like $15 for all four? And they're not bad quality at all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EQ2...83L&ref=plSrch

I would much rather do that then try to line up vinyl stickers smack dead center and worry about them coming off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyMikel View Post
    I believe someone on E46F (maybe here?) said that there's a really awesome deal on 68mm center caps on Amazon right now.. Like $15 for all four? And they're not bad quality at all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EQ2...83L&ref=plSrch

I would much rather do that then try to line up vinyl stickers smack dead center and worry about them coming off.
    Huh, didn't even think to look on Amazon.

These look to be alright, maybe I'll go that route instead. Thanks for the heads up.

Glad to help. I just paid like $40 for a set from ECS tuning and I was pretty sad when I saw that!

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyMikel View Post
    Glad to help. I just paid like $40 for a set from ECS tuning and I was pretty sad when I saw that!

But yours will be OEM, right? Even $40 isn't terrible from what I've seen. Shopping the part number (36136783536 ) doesn't seem to yield anything under $10 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    But yours will be OEM, right? Even $40 isn't terrible from what I've seen. Shopping the part number (36136783536) doesn't seem to yield anything under $10 a piece.
    Yes, I believe they're OEM. Not too terrible expensive but $16 for a whole set is way better.

The joys of going with legit BMW parts, eh?

Build Thread

I ordered some amazon stickers and they had significant flaws in how they were molded and filled (with color). Plus they're rounded on the back and did not mate well with the flat aftermarket (Sport Design) caps I bought them for.

So then I tried to use JBWeld to fill the gap and trashed everything in the process, LOL...
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Rough. Which stickers did you use? Might as well post them for posterity so people don't make the same unfortunate mistake.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast