Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cleaned my headlight lenses

So when I got my ZHP the headlights weren't in the greatest condition but I knew with due time I would be able to get them cleaned. Compared to my last car the un-mounting of the headlights was reasonably easy and removing the lenses were much simpler. No more baking the headlights. Yay! I took them to a place ive been going to for years and they did them for free so I couldn't beat that. Maybe it's cause I went right as they were closing so they didn't want to have to reopen the register system haha. When I got them back on the re-mounting of everything was much more difficult than I had anticipated because I was expecting to be easy but one bolt location was really hard to get to and since my tools weren't magnetized, I had lost a couple bolts into the engine bay. Took a good 10 mins to find them but through clever usage of a small magnet and a long thin stick, I was able to retrieve them. Anyways, after getting them all back in and mounted here are some pics of the end results. It's a little time line too so the part with the "bandages" were when I took the lenses to my shop. It looked like breast surgery haha (a joke my buddy who helped me out made).

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

Lookin' good, Albert.

Nice job.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Well done!

Droid X! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Looks fantastic!

Why were you unbolting things though?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

the headlights are bolted down in 4 places and the taillights are mounted to the headlight assembly. there is one that is in a very difficult spot to get to by hand. its raining today or else i would take some shots of it and post. perhaps tomorrow.

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

Quote Originally Posted by tripod06 View Post
    the headlights are bolted down in 4 places and the taillights are mounted to the headlight assembly. there is one that is in a very difficult spot to get to by hand. its raining today or else i would take some shots of it and post. perhaps tomorrow.
    I've changed out my Halogen Assemblies on my E46 to go to P46s. But I never had to disassemble the headlights screws in order to take apart the lens (I replaced the AE's on my P46s Twice...From CCFL to Generic LED to Orion V2s).

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I wish us coupe owners were able to take out lenses off like that. I would love to have brand new lenses but I wouldn't trade the Adaptive function for it. Just hope I never have problems with them $$$!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    I wish us coupe owners were able to take out lenses off like that. I would love to have brand new lenses but I wouldn't trade the Adaptive function for it. Just hope I never have problems with them $$$!
    Take a Porter Cable or Rotary and hit your lenses with some Plastic Polish. Always worked for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast