Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I had the oil level sensor fail earlier this year. Didnt get any yellow light warning either and when I checked the oil level, it was barely at the 'minimum' mark. Its a cheap part and an easy DIY during an oil change.
    Don't buy BMW for the oil level sensor. It's the exact same part as the Hella unit, with the BMW logo ground off. Save yourself $70 and get the Hella.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Don't buy BMW for the oil level sensor. It's the exact same part as the Hella unit, with the BMW logo ground off. Save yourself $70 and get the Hella.
    +1

This is where I ordered mine from:
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003NE119O/...580_TE_3p_dp_1
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Alternatively, I'd get it through FCP Euro since they have a lifetime warranty on their parts:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-12617508003-1

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Great point!
    The Mishimoto can I have is well made and looks great but it's just an empty can, no baffling whatsoever inside. Research well before purchase...

I had started to look around at catch cans and was eyeing the Radium Engineering setup. Did not see if the catch can was baffled. I really like the idea of a catch can, but in general, think they are over priced for what you actually get which is some hoses and a can and a few clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    It doesn't really beep unless it's extremely low. The warning light does go on though if you're pretty low.

The sensor on the control arm is the auto-leveling sensor.

Well I mean stock vs. stock. If you're doing all those mods to get it to feel right, you could mod the E46 as well and they would both feel great lol Other than that, the BRZ is a nice little car to play around with. I had this customer that came to me to do some lighting stuff. The car was modded ugly as hell lol But I did a few things that I guess hasn't been done on the forums yet which sucked cause I had to think lol Like making the DRL fog things stay on all the time (now I see that there is an easy way to do that). Then did those Diode Dynamics turn signal boomerang things (which I ended taking back off, long story). I think I installed like a Greddy ti-c exhaust and stuff. That car has so much space to work on things. Just hated taking off the bumper to do lighting stuff.
    The BRZ is a Great little car when you are pushing 225HP at the rear wheels I did a whole sound deadening mat project to the car and have the entire interior stripped out except the driver's seat and drove around like this for a week or two. Probably removed a few hundred pounds from an already pretty light weight car. Was a blast and the poor prius tires suffered dearly. Went through 3 sets of the OE tire in 36,000 miles. Guys who would buy new wheels or tires would sell the stock ones for ~$25 a tire! would buy a set and ruin them in 12,000 miles lol

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Alternatively, I'd get it through FCP Euro since they have a lifetime warranty on their parts:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-12617508003-1
    Curves, I swear your car is like 1 or 2 years ahead of mine in terms of what is going to break and the new parts going in lol. never heard of the oil sensor failing until now! FCPEuro seems like a good deal and no one car argue a lifetime warranty. Not all parts that come new are of quality as my DISA valve goes to show. Speaking of, need to get that replaced

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    I had started to look around at catch cans and was eyeing the Radium Engineering setup. Did not see if the catch can was baffled. I really like the idea of a catch can, but in general, think they are over priced for what you actually get which is some hoses and a can and a few clamps.
    personally, i would not buy the radium engineering can. they use what appears to be a dish scrubber for baffling - pass. what if a piece of that broke loose? you don't want that going into your engine. kaboom.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

200 - 300 ml of oil for 50 miles of driving would be considered excessive consumption right? I have had to add about that much for the past two days after the work commute.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    200 - 300 ml of oil for 50 miles of driving would be considered excessive consumption right? I have had to add about that much for the past two days after the work commute.
    That is a LOT... are you sure you don't have a m oil leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast