Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Ok, so was going to wait for the post work data log to be graphed but my GF is burnt out from this quarter and wants a break from coding. I am sure I can figure out how to graph in Excel but its been some time lol. GF uses a program called R to create graphs, such as this one below. What you see is the recorded read out from both the O2 sensors in voltage. I should have logged vehicle speed, but forgot to set it on in the log. Vehicle speed was consistent 55mph on the highway. This graph shows a series of logs and the spaces in between represent the time between logs. I was trying to run several short logs, thinking it would create a new log file each time in the App, but its not set to do this, hence the gaps in time when I was not recording, but anyways.

Name:  O2Sensors - Mark up.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  165.5 KB

As you can see, constant up and down fluctuations while driving a mostly consistent speed, indicative of an issue. There is one small section of the log where Bank 1 seems to almost be in "spec" but there is an unexpected dip in the middle of that section. And then the sensor goes back to fluctuating up and down. The sensor should read around ~.7V while maintaining speed.

I ended up throwing a P2240 code shortly after this log was taken and ended up replacing both sensors because the data showed similar performance between the two of them. Any ways hope to have a more graphs posted over the next few days here.

How's the car drive after cleaning the injectors and replacing o2 sensors?

Oh, btw, it seems that you go back and forth between Irvine and Santa Barbara. Do you live in SB and travel to Irvine for work?
    Random coincidence because I live in Irvine, and spent my undergrad years at UCSB (well, Goleta, really. lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    How's the car drive after cleaning the injectors and replacing o2 sensors?

Oh, btw, it seems that you go back and forth between Irvine and Santa Barbara. Do you live in SB and travel to Irvine for work?
    Random coincidence because I live in Irvine, and spent my undergrad years at UCSB (well, Goleta, really. lol).
    I also fixed a few vacuum leaks and honestly, the car drives better now than when I got it a few years ago (3? I forget, man time flies). I actually have a smooth idle for once! Needle is as steady as it'll ever get. As for the new O2 sensors, I'm helping to see some improved gas mileage, but that is more likely going to be affected by my driving habits. Car needs a lot of new bushings, so I don't drive her to hard, for the moment.

I used to work down in Irvine, and technically I live in Goleta too My GF is a grad student at UCSB and I Live a stones throw from I.V., but luckily not in IV lol. However, I can still hear the loud ragers every know and then, takes me back. I no longer work in Irvine, so no more long commutes on Monday morning and Friday afternoons. However, there is something about bombing down the 1 early morning around 4am before anyone is on it. Hit Malibu in time for the sun to start rising, very beautiful. But then next half of the journey would take twice as long as the first, and having a manual gearbox in traffic is annoying because the minute you want to "roll" every single other driving dive bombs in front of you, only to slam on their brakes.

I loved the job, but it was too far away to make things work, and the ZHP was starting to rack up the miles very quickly. I'll be starting a new job in Carpenteria next week which is an easy commute, only 20 miles or so and against the heavy flow of traffic.

If you ever up this way let me know! I'll do the same if I end up south. Also, if you find something on craigslists or the forums or something that is close, I can check it out for you, although probs a lot more activity down your way. Kinda quiet up here in comparison to L.A. / OC area.

Congrats on the new gig. Let us know when ur in LA area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

That's good news on the job in Carp. Thanks, I'll definitely let you know if I'm in SB, I haven't had La Super Rica in a few years and I miss it. Do the same if you're in Irvine area.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    That's good news on the job in Carp. Thanks, I'll definitely let you know if I'm in SB, I haven't had La Super Rica in a few years and I miss it. Do the same if you're in Irvine area.
    Def will do! I need to get down there eventually because I have a fair amount of stuff still in storage at an old coworker's garage. Lots of useful things like oil filters, brake fuild, oil etc. Plus my favorite coffee shop with the dankest cold brew is down there as welll!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

When you start to clean out your trunk... And find so much stuff you have been looking for, for like a year. Didnt know half this sh!t was in there!

Reason for cleaning out trunk is to do a more thorough repair of the wiring harness going into the trunk.

I kinda did a half ass repair with what was in the trunk awhile back so I wouldn't get pulled over for having my passenger tail lights out. As you can see, didnt have much on hand and ended up using the tail end of two types of electrical tape.

The local electronics supply store recommended this product below and I am going to give it a try and see how well it holds up in comparison to electrical tape. I'm hoping it does the job until I have some spare cash to but the new wiring harness. Surprisingly expensive! Even for the repair kits I've seen.

I'll take some photos once I open her up again. If I am remembering correctly, I had 3 wires that broke in half from age and use of the trunk.

Side note, great day to work on the car. Almost 70, sunny, light breeze

Last edited by GotZHP; 03-24-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post

Thanks John. Ill let ya know if I get to down to L.A. sometime soon!

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast