Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    If you have Amazon Prime, you can snag it from there with free 2-day shipping. It's where I got mine and my sister's.
    I don't have prime :/ All my friends with prime never get their items in two days, so I have stayed away from it.

I do believe their is a free trial of Prime, but don't know if it will sign me up automatically afterwards.

Turner was pretty quick with my intake boot, air filter, and DISA Valve.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    I don't have prime :/ All my friends with prime never get their items in two days, so I have stayed away from it.

I do believe their is a free trial of Prime, but don't know if it will sign me up automatically afterwards.

Turner was pretty quick with my intake boot, air filter, and DISA Valve.
    Really? If you use their 2-day shipping, and it's late, you can chat with Amazon customer support and they usually give you a $5-10 credit or an added month or two of Amazon Prime. They're rarely late, and if they are, it's usually only a day.

GotZHP's E46 330i ZHP Maintenance & Build Thread w/ Pics & DIYS

If you have Amazon Prime, you can snag it from there with free 2-day shipping. It's where I got mine and my sister's.
    That's where I got mine. And I get my stuff in 1-2 days. Even on Sunday.

How much is Prime?

Guess I should sign up

I think it's $99 a year. There is a student program if you qualify.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Really? If you use their 2-day shipping, and it's late, you can chat with Amazon customer support and they usually give you a $5-10 credit or an added month or two of Amazon Prime. They're rarely late, and if they are, it's usually only a day.
    My old roommates packages were always late, she'd would have a $100 in gift cards lol. For $99, thats not bad. I'll have my GF sign up since she is a student.

Interesting afternoon that didnt go as planned.

Plan was to go under the car and clean up the oil leak around the oil pan gasket. Want to see how badly it is leaking, and was seeing if I could high temp RTV band-aid to get me to my next oil change.

Instead, while driving home one of the air ducts to the brakes (driver side) decided it no longer wanted to be attached to the lower part of the car and started flapping like crazy. Anything above 20mph and it would make a ton of racket. Even with my stereo at a healthy volume I could hear it. So lifting the car and went to zip tie it back in place when I noticed two things.

First being there was a damaged wire, and there was exposed copper. I took a picture of this gizmo it was attached too. I am thinking outside air temp sensor? I Unclipped the connector and started mending the wire when I spotted a 1/4" by 1" bolt with a washer in my front driver side tire

Mended the wire with some electrical tape for now and did my first ever tire patch. I have some photos Ill post up tmrw. Too tired to resize and organize.

Luckily, so far, these two items have been the only unexpected things to happen (knock on wood)

Some pictures from yesterday. The plug held overnight and held up to some serious on/off ramp action today. Checked the PSI in the tire after work and its still good, so i'm happy. I added a picture of the plug before it was trimmed up nice and neat. The white you see is rubber cement. Apparently motorcycle guys do this. They add rubber cement to the plug before forcing it into the tire so it adheres better. Pretty decent bolt I'd say.

Also, pretty sure the damaged wire is for the air temperature sensor. It was hot as hell in Irvine today, and my car read 72, then 85. Believe we hit 90's today easily. Just wrapped the wire up for now. If it is just the outside air temp sensor, NBD. Not going to worry about fixing it until later down the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Good job.

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Good job.

S7 Edge, out
    Thanks Dane. This car has been quite the journey into automotive mechanics. I have enjoyed my time with the ZHP so far and look forward to it when the vanos is rebuilt, and I have a tune running on it, or just shark injector and sprint booster.

My last car was a 2014 Subaru BRZ and the only things in common with the BMW is a 6sp manual and power to the rear. The BRZ was a light ~2,750 lbs, 2 door coupe. 2 Liter flat four under the hood that was high compression, 12.5:1, and high revving, 8K. 215's on all corners with a very low stance, and basically a WRX suspension. I had tuned the car on E85 and had a catless header. Power was ~220rwhp.

Moving into the BMW was a huge change, but I am getting use to it. The weight (+~500lbs) was very noticeable at first. The BMW is much quieter on the highway which is a plus, because I spend most my time there unfortunately. The H/K sound system is much better than the BRZ system. I no longer have a touch screen / Nav combo, but most of the time I would run Waze anyways.

I really need to do something about my front tires to enjoy the cornering of the BMW. The BRZ was unbelievable in the corners, even on skinny 215 all season tires. I have much more confidence in the ZHP now(compared to 2 months ago), mostly due to the amount of work I have done to it. I am also becoming more comfortable with the characteristics of the car and how it handles.

I know I still have a long road ahead of me to get the car to be where I want it to be. I still have a few grand in maintenance to complete, and the car is due for a full suspension refresh. My plan is to drop in a LSD (BRZ comes OE w/ 1) once I get my profit sharing bonus and do up the exhaust. (vibrant muffle for short term)

A lot on the to-do-list still, but I can already tell I am going to really enjoy this car. Looking forward to the road ahead. My dream has always been to race Laguna Seca and If I could go back, I'd rename this thread " the road to Laguna Seca" or something like that.
    The BMW will be the car to take it on, not this summer but the next. Gives me just over a year to fix and dial everything in.

Anyways, thanks for the support Dane & the rest of the Mafia

Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast