Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    Don't thank me. You're doing the work. I'm just sitting back, drinking coffee and making sarcastic remarks on this forum. If you call that "contributing," the BMW community is more dysfunctional than I had originally thought.

Cheers!
    You did send me an air box, which was a $300 dollar part, so that was helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    You can return that DISA and buy the Gold DISA from German Auto Solutions
    Part comes with a 1-year warranty so we will see how this goes

Really wish I noticed this before...

Name:  DISA compare 1.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  254.3 KBName:  DISA compare 2.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  219.8 KB

There are some differences between the two. The flap looks different, the gasket looks different, and there is no BMW logo or part #. I called Turner today and the part comes with a 1-year warranty. However, to get a replacement or a refund, I need to send the part to turner, who will then send it to BMW or the manufacturer to have it tested. If the test shows that the part is faulty or failing, Turner will be reimbursed, and then I will be reimbursed.

Meanwhile, I have to pay out of pocket for another DISA valve since I can't drive around with a 3" open hole in the manifold. F me. I didn't ask about shipping fees, and imagine I'd be out that money. Seems like a hassle but i am going to send the unit in as there is something clearly wrong with it. Have been driving with it unplugged and my god, the difference in performance and noise is huge!

My local parts guy at Irvine BMW has a new DISA valve for me for $251 after tax! That is cheaper than Turner's by ~$30. pretty good price i'd say. It will also come with a 2-year warranty from BMW.

You should get a DISA from FCP Euro. Then you'll never have to buy one again!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

FCP Euro are awesome. Great prices and quick shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@GotZHP, it seems you already have a older (perhaps non-functioning) BMW DISA lying around - the one on the left in the pictures. Why dont you order the GAS DISA kit and rebuild that one? Much cheaper than buying a brand new one (which is bound to fail again sometime in the future) or having to deal with Turner's shitty warranty process.

I did the same thing with my previously failed BMW DISA when the Vaico one (which I got from ECS) failed after a year. Although ECS tuning was nice enough to ship me a replacement one before I had to ship them the defective part. I sold the replacement Vaico DISA to a local BMW owner, with all the warnings that it would eventually fail.

The GAS rebuild is permanent and it literally took me 30 mins to do it. They have very detailed instructions with pictures and it makes the job really easy.

http://www.germanautosolutions.com/b...repair_kit.php
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Man, I cannot catch a break............

Name:  20161013_075830.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  628.2 KB

At first, radio stopped working. Odd but kept driving as I was two miles from the coffee shop I go to. Then ABS, Brake, Traction control lights come on. Yellow at first, then turn red. Airbag light came on next and the mpg needle got stuck at 20. Parked the car at the coffee shop and shut her down. Went to start it again and click click click click click. FUU

New alternator and voltage regulator so that isnt the issue. I unhooked the battery, grabbed a coffee, and chilled while caffeinating. Luckily for me, I broke down across the street from Irvine BMW and right next to another parts store, and next to the coffee shop (thank god).

Hooked up a jump started and the car is running again. Seems like the battery is the issue. New one will be ~$200. Waiting to see if I can get an OEM one, but if not, the parts store next to me has one.

Total for this week of BMW ownership.....

Tie rods, fuel filter, a few nuts and bolts = $495
    New DISA Valve = $250
    New battery = $200

Just shy of a G after tax.... Dayum.

Can save ~$20 if you get a Duralast 94R-DLG battery from Auto Zone. Better CCA than BMW's

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Can save ~$20 if you get a Duralast 94R-DLG battery from Auto Zone. Better CCA than BMW's
    I have bought so many parts from Irvine BMW that they now offer me preferred pricing as if I had a a business account. After tax and core exchange was 160 ish for a genuine BMW battery. Damn those things are heavy. I see why the trunk is a logical place.

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    @GotZHP, it seems you already have a older (perhaps non-functioning) BMW DISA lying around - the one on the left in the pictures. Why dont you order the GAS DISA kit and rebuild that one? Much cheaper than buying a brand new one (which is bound to fail again sometime in the future) or having to deal with Turner's shitty warranty process.

I did the same thing with my previously failed BMW DISA when the Vaico one (which I got from ECS) failed after a year. Although ECS tuning was nice enough to ship me a replacement one before I had to ship them the defective part. I sold the replacement Vaico DISA to a local BMW owner, with all the warnings that it would eventually fail.

The GAS rebuild is permanent and it literally took me 30 mins to do it. They have very detailed instructions with pictures and it makes the job really easy.

http://www.germanautosolutions.com/b...repair_kit.php
    My apartment is round abouts 450 sq ft, unfortunately all old car parts end up in the trash or offered on the pay it forward thread. I had kept the old DISA with a rebuild idea in the back of my mind. GF cleaned the apartment and needed more room for storage, so old car parts were tossed. I think the plan is to get a new one from Irvine BMW and send the current one back to Turner. Once the new one starts acting up I will go with the GAS rebuild kit.

The ZHP is my only vehicle and at the moment, it sees between 500 and 700 miles a week. Need to have it running and Irvine BMW has the part on the shelf.

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast