Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
    Plans for the weekend include:

- Change engine oil & Filter
    - Install Oil Pan Sensor
    - Clean & Condition interior
    - Clean & Rain-X windows
    - Finish new maintenance tasks list

I am also hoping my GF will have some time to code my datalogs and provide a for more graphs for everyone's viewing pleasure. The difference in look of the new sensors compared to the old is a night and day difference! Hopefully going to have two more graphs, one of highway driving with speeds around 65-70mpg, and another highway but speeds 80-85mph. Now I Just need to find the hardware that came with the oil pan sensor, can't remember where I placed it, hmmm.

It's not that hard to fish the wires out of the trunk. there's only like 2 large ones (reverse lights) and like 2 small plugs (trunk handle/latch). You will spend probably more time taking off the rivets on the carpet if you don't have a rivet removal tool lol

Started my new job and have been really busy. I can tell i'm really going to like this job, even after just one week. Bonded with my Supervisor over BMWs as he now has a X5 named Brunnhilde lol.

Car has been running pretty good and is seeing 45 miles a day now. All was well until yesterday when this happened

Name:  SES Post 02 Sensors.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  165.0 KB

Trying to figure out why these codes are present. I just replaced both pre-cat sensors and have had no SES light or troubles since. Mpgs are up to 24.6, which is the highest its been. My idle is still not perfectly still though, so I am wondering if a I have small vacuum leak somewhere and that is causes the sensors to get false readings? I don't know if this makes sense, but its what I think is happening. A few searches have yielded similar thoughts, but nothing exact.

When I did my CCV, I removed the manifold and used new gaskets when I rebuilt everything. However, these gaskets were non-oem, and I have heard of issues from this. Really hoping I don't have to take everything apart and replace, so open to any other ideas from the Mafia. Any one has some suggestions as to what it may be? Or do you think as I do and there may be a small vacuum leak?

I love love love this car, but I hate how the check engine light seems to come on every 300 miles or so

Bummer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I've had no luck with chasing down vacuum leaks. Perhaps it's time for another smoke test?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Bummer

So I cleared the codes and they haven't come back yet, hoping they stay away

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I've had no luck with chasing down vacuum leaks. Perhaps it's time for another smoke test?
    I'll probs do this over the weekend. I think it may have a small one but last time I smoked it, nothing came out. Maybe developed recently though. Driven closer to 500 miles, not 300 as previously stated.

I keep the little siphon pump right in the trunk now lol

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    So I cleared the codes and they haven't come back yet, hoping they stay away

Oh, that's good.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Damn, been really busy with work and havent had much time for my car. however, the Fiesta ST, FiST, has gotten 4 new tires and I have new pads and rotors for all 4 corners coming. Anyone familiar with the PowerStop brand? Pretty cheap parts considering. I went with a kit of theirs for shitz and gigglez. If the components are good, then i got one hell of a deal and if the components suck, i'm out less than $300 for all 4 corners. I don't have high expectations, but they will be better than the cheap autozone rotors my GF was about to buy.

As for the ZHP, I will be rebuilding my shifter soon, and will be installing new M3 Trans mounts, and possibly Guibo while i'm at it. Most likely will be next weekend since ill be doing brakes this weekend.

Aren't they like the autozone brand? You should try to check out R1concepts if they are still around. They sell Centric (parent company of Stoptech) brake parts for pretty cheap. At least I remember them being pretty cheap, and I could do local pick up. They used to give a cash discount which helps too.

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast