Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    to be honest - you have to give them credit. they make furniture for many different budgets. you can be a broke college student and outfit your room for a couple hundred bucks... or, you can buy a $2000 leather sofa that has a 25-year warranty. heck, their kitchen products have a 25-year warranty and are nothing short of amazing (we love ours).

you have to be selective about what you buy there. examine your options.

i bought my home office desk chair from them - i went to a few other stores first, and did not find anything that was comfortable. then i went to ikea and sat in every office chair, and didn't look at price tags - they ranged from $50 to $500. i ended up with a $160 chair, and have been using it for 8-10hrs a day for 3 years now, and it's still just as good as the day i brought it home.

we also have their ektorp sectional sofa and it's wonderful.

nice!!!

(see what i did there? )
    You, my friend have sound judgement.

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    In for updates.

S7 Edge, out
    Ill be flying into Paris, then will take the train to Lyon. My GF is French, moved here when she was twelve. (just got her U.S. citizen ship a few years ago)

Her grandfather lives in Lyon but will be in the states, so we have an awesome top floor 4 bed room apartment with a deck to ourselves. The apartment has a great view over the city and is perched right above where the Rhone & Saone rivers meet. We will have a few days here to explore. I've been to Lyon once before and it is an amazing city.

Then we will be taking her grandfathers Peugeot 206 cabriolet (manual!!!) to Rossillon, which is a tiny village East of Lyon and pretty close to Switzerland. Her other set of grandparents live here in a house originally constructed in the 1800s. The exterior walls are huge stone blocks, and it seriously looks Medieval. However, the house has been updated and is very modern & contemporary for the most part in side. It has some really cool skylights that sense rain, and close automatically. They will open again 20 mins after the rain stops. The kitchen was just redone as well. My GFs room is at the front of the house and has 20ft high ceilings. Going to be amazing.

We are then going to take the Peugeot (or a renault migane, diesel w/ 6sp manual) around Lac Du Buerget to a town called Aix-Les-Bains. Going to see a musician/artist/dj named "The Avener" perform live at an outside venue on the lake front.

Going to be an awesome 10 days. Fly out the 1st of July.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Ill be flying into Paris, then will take the train to Lyon. My GF is French, moved here when she was twelve. (just got her U.S. citizen ship a few years ago)

Her grandfather lives in Lyon but will be in the states, so we have an awesome top floor 4 bed room apartment with a deck to ourselves. The apartment has a great view over the city and is perched right above where the Rhone & Saone rivers meet. We will have a few days here to explore. I've been to Lyon once before and it is an amazing city.

Then we will be taking her grandfathers Peugeot 206 cabriolet (manual!!!) to Rossillon, which is a tiny village East of Lyon and pretty close to Switzerland. Her other set of grandparents live here in a house originally constructed in the 1800s. The exterior walls are huge stone blocks, and it seriously looks Medieval. However, the house has been updated and is very modern & contemporary for the most part in side. It has some really cool skylights that sense rain, and close automatically. They will open again 20 mins after the rain stops. The kitchen was just redone as well. My GFs room is at the front of the house and has 20ft high ceilings. Going to be amazing.

We are then going to take the Peugeot (or a renault migane, diesel w/ 6sp manual) around Lac Du Buerget to a town called Aix-Les-Bains. Going to see a musician/artist/dj named "The Avener" perform live at an outside venue on the lake front.

Going to be an awesome 10 days. Fly out the 1st of July.
    awesome. in for pics, especially of that house - sounds like what we're doing to our 200-year old house!

have mega fun!!!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You, my friend have sound judgement.

S7 Edge, out
    i try to be a smart consumer.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

So this isn't good. Two problems developing with the car. Problem #1, clutch is dragging while in neutral in the parking lot. push the pedal in a bit, sounds goes away. Let pedal back out, sound comes back. Sound is worse than ever. I thought I had a slight noise before but wasn't sure, but now I am. May be related to why 3rd gear has been extremely notchy maybe not.

Problem #2, a shimmy / shake coming from what I believe to be the front driver side corner. Dont think it is the wheel. Havent hit any big enough pot holes. Had new front lower control arm bushings installed already. My friend suggested maybe a tie rod? Havent researched it much but both these issues are troublesome and need to be solved.

Hoping I can just adjust the clutch and not have to buy a new one

I did some troubleshooting & inspection yesterday. I have a wobble (side to side, not up / down) coming from what I believe to be the driver side front tire or suspension. At lower speeds (20mph or less), the car wobbles back and forth, enough to make my body sway back and forth if the oscillation is right. At higher speeds, the wobble isn't as noticeable, but there is a slight shimmy in the steering wheel.

I lifted the front corners off the ground 1 at at a time to see if my wheel bearings are doneso. There was a small amount of play, but nothing major or noticeable. Both corners felt the same, and had a small amount of movement in the direction that the tires would normally turn, but no movement when pushing on the the tire at 12 and 6 position. I don't think it is a wheel bearing because of the previous statement and the fact that there is almost no noise when the tire spins.

The rotor makes a small amount of noise in a small spot once per revolution of the tire, but there is no shaking when braking, so I don't think the rotor is causing the issue. Rotors & pads are new with only ~7,000 miles on them. Pads are in great shape as well.

I removed the front tire on the driver side to inspected the control arm, bushings, and tie rod. Lower control arm bushings are new, replqaced when the brakes were done. Install looks good, so LCABs are out.

The other bushings seemed ok. Not a lot of play, and all of the boots are intact, one piece with no cracks. I am no suspension expert, and I am new to the E46 so I am kinda stumped. My thoughts are it could be the tire or the wheel, but there is minimal transfer to the steering wheel of the wobble. The front tires on my car are new, replaced when brakes were done, but they are sh!t off brand tires.

the front driver side tire has a flat spot and a patch. The patch was done by me and a friend who is pretty experienced with patches and it came out great. I don't think the patch is enough to unbalance a tire? right? I mean its a small piece of sticky rubber with some glue added. The flat spot on the other hand, could be noticed, but again the motion feels like it is side to side, not up and down, but I could be wrong here.

So tire is my first guess, followed by the wheel, then maybe the control arm. The wheel appears to be round, and i will verify this today when I mount it to a lathe and use some precision measuring instruments. I am hoping for the tire to be the issue, since I want to replace them anyways.

Most likely I will get the front tires rotated, balanced, and aligned. I think this would be an appropriate first step. I will most likely post up in troubleshoot area of the forum as well if I don't get any hits here.

Anyone else have a problem similar to this? Any insight is appreciated. Car just rolled 112,000 miles. All suspension components are originals as far as I know, except LCABs.

I had similar problems had a flat spot on the tire. Replaced tires vibrations gone.

Couldn't see the spot bc it was on the inside of the wheel.

Wow, that's a serious divot in that tire. Does it go all the way around or is it just in one spot?

Well after much trouble shooting and testing things out. I have figured out my problem. I am going to open by saying, I have a complaint against Cal-Trans ready to be filed, just to set the mood. So not a happy camper at the moment.

I spent all this past weekend under the front end of the car, pulling and pushing and inspecting all of the suspension components. Everything checked out. Front wheel had a flat spot, not too bad, so I kept looking. Found nothing really this weekend. Noticed the car getting a lot worse over the 700 miles put on this weekend and yesterday.

Today I jacked the car up again and removed the front tires. I swapped them, and as I was putting the front driver tire on (from passenger side) I looked back at the rear tire because I noticed something off about it. My suspicion was driver's front but I was waaay wrong.

Driver side rear tire is completely ruined. Side wall ripped, huge bubble, and exposed wire mesh. Tire is toast and I know exactly where it happened. There is a section of the 710 outside of LA going North were there are these huge metal grates for stormwater run off. These grates are in the far left lane, on the driver's side. The problem is the grating material, metal 1/4" strips, runs in line with the tire. So you hit the grate and there is one or two thin pieces of metal for your car to ride on. Not to mention the car comes crashing down onto them because the grate sits much much lower than the road itself. The road in general is a mess there. Many of the patches to the concrete are off by an 1" plus.

I cringed the whole time I was on this road and for good reason. I am going to a tire shop tomorrow to get the tire replace and the wheels inspected. If my rims are bent I will be following through with the complaint. A guy at work filled a complaint when he had two brand new tires blow out and two brand new rims bend on a car he bought a a few months before and he was compensated for the new parts, so I will expect the same.

Now if the rims are not bent, I guess one could argue that it is due to camber wear, but the tires still have some decent tread on them. Anyways, not happy, no tire shops open, and no spare or donut in the trunk. Was suppose to go in to work tomorrow at 4 and thats not happening. Also leaving for France this Friday morning and didnt want to worry / spend money on the car this week

Here are a few photos. I have some more and a video of me rolling the tire. Ill get the rest up tomorrow
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Damn. Those tires no longer look safe to drive on. Were I you, I'd file.

Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast