Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Yeah that DISA looks toast. Mine which I think is original was pretty solid when I got my car. I only replaced the big o-ring because it was all worn.

PA Soft wasn't that bad to install. You just need all the right drivers.
    One thing to note that I overlooked when installing the software: I was getting a hardware error and it was simply because the computer does not power the OBD connector, the car does. Simple but I wasted 10 minutes trying to figure it out hahaha.
    First thing I did, made my side markers light up when lock/unlock the car with the remote.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New fuel filter going in! Will have some pictures up in a bit. Any one have some advice before diving in?

anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

I hope this is the last of the vacuum leaks. I should have assumed this connection would be toast because the other end at the F-connector was. Not to self, Have vacuum line and new clamps before starting the fuel filter replacement. I thought I had some vacuum hose from fixing the F-connector end but I only had larger sizes. I am hoping fixing this line and a new DISA should have the car purring at idle.

Name:  image000000 (18).jpg
Views: 238
Size:  794.5 KB

Good work!

And yeah, if there's one thing I wish I had done when replacing my fuel filter its also replacing the soft fuel lines while I was in there.

After a healthy dose of fumes, I got the new fuel filter installed with new fuel hose sections, a new vacuum line connector piece, and all new hose clamps. I left the protector plate off tonight to see if there will be any leaking and I will snip the excess on the hose clamps. All and all a very easy job. I just jacked up one corner and did it on the ground, but a lift would be far preferred as it was very tight under there. I was outside in a parking lot, but the breeze had died down some so the fumes were very present. I was surprised how big the fuel filter was! And even after running the engine dry and bleeding off pressure at the Schrader vlave, there was still some pressure and A LOT of fuel.

Name:  FF2.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  336.6 KBName:  FF3.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  325.0 KBName:  FF4.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  297.8 KBName:  FF5.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  493.8 KB

I tried to show the quality of the fuel that poured out of the filter and it was horrible!! It was tinted black as it was coming out of the filter. Tried to show this in some pictures of the paper towel. All the gas liquid had evaporated, and the blacker spots was what was left. This filter change was definitely over due.

Name:  FF6.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  258.6 KBName:  FF7.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  265.0 KB

New filter in with a new vacuum line. Made a big difference in my idle, however it is still not perfect. I still have that faulty DISA installed but unplugged. With that said, noticeably better idle that was mostly stable. I found it to idle a little higher too by about 100-200 rpms.

Nice, yeah it's easier with a lift like with most other things. Have to do mines too, but i'm lazy cause I have this whole mess of parts and I don't want to do it at all lol Especially lazy because there's nothing broken, just all preventative.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Nice, yeah it's easier with a lift like with most other things. Have to do mines too, but i'm lazy cause I have this whole mess of parts and I don't want to do it at all lol Especially lazy because there's nothing broken, just all preventative.
    Lol, that's how I have been recently. I've had the fuel filter and tie rods laying around for weeks now. Tie rods are worn but not clicking or knocking so I havent been rushed to do them. Fuel filter was already over due so I figured a few thousand more miles wouldn't kill the car. But off my lazy ass now!

Hood goes on this week. I am at the dead line of my temporary registration so I hope I find a good used one this week! Tie rods will go one later in the week followed by an alignment. Next weekend, Fiesta ST gets new oil, oil filter, and engine air filter. Just rolled passed 36,000 miles in the Goldfish, so it will need some attention.

Here's a picture of the fuel I received from the mechanic. Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  59.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Lol, that's how I have been recently. I've had the fuel filter and tie rods laying around for weeks now. Tie rods are worn but not clicking or knocking so I havent been rushed to do them. Fuel filter was already over due so I figured a few thousand more miles wouldn't kill the car. But off my lazy ass now!

Hood goes on this week. I am at the dead line of my temporary registration so I hope I find a good used one this week! Tie rods will go one later in the week followed by an alignment. Next weekend, Fiesta ST gets new oil, oil filter, and engine air filter. Just rolled passed 36,000 miles in the Goldfish, so it will need some attention.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure my stuff has been lying around for months lol But I'm aiming to do it all at the end of the month this time.

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast