Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    yea, a bad/weak battery will cause weird issues. If you have a trickle charger get it on that. I usually don't let my car sit for more than a couple of weeks without putting it on the trickle charger
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    yea, a bad/weak battery will cause weird issues. If you have a trickle charger get it on that. I usually don't let my car sit for more than a couple of weeks without putting it on the trickle charger
    +1

Having a 10 year old battery didn't affect the running of my car, but it did some weird electrical stuff. Swapping it out for a new battery solved all of those problems.

Word, new battery will be added to the list. Basically, if its on my maintenance list, I am ok with spending money on it at the moment. This way its justified and im not just throwing parts at the car.

Current plan for tonight:
    1.) Smoke test - Just bought a black & Mild
    2.) Inspect all vacuum lines & Connections
    3.) Inspect fuel regulator
    4.) Tear down intake side of things and rebuild - triple check dat shiz
    5.) Replace dipstick tube O-ring - small and stupid but I have a friend who's car did all kinds of weird things when his tube wasn't seated
    6.) Fire up car - see if anything changed
    No Change in status
    7.) Install new plugs and coils
    Still no change in status
    8.) Battery
    Still no change
    9.) Towed to indie

Going to be another long night in the garage

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!

I FORGOT TO RECONNECT THE OIL RETURN FROM THE CCV TO THE DIPSTICK!!!

Well this is concerning.... A lot of moisture out the tail pipes, very loud ticking noise, spark plugs that are wet looking, and oily residue at the base of where the plug threads into the block....

This looks a lot like what happened to BimmerDude's ZHP I hope not. New plugs and coils going in now as we speak (or type

Name:  image000000 (4).jpg
Views: 276
Size:  261.7 KBName:  image000000 (5).jpg
Views: 321
Size:  277.3 KBName:  image000001.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  269.2 KBName:  IMG_20160908_185203 (1).jpg
Views: 360
Size:  332.5 KB)

Hmmm

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Hmmm

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I know right.... Out of the pan and into the fire. I really hope I dont need a head gasket. That would be way too much for me to handle and is probably super expensive to get done.

Don't worry about the water in the tailpipe... that's normal if all you been doing is starting it up for a bit then shutting off. It would take several miles or more of driving before it all dries out. My car has done the same thing.
    Have you taken it for an extended drive yet now that you found the problem? When my car has run like that it has sorted itself out after a few miles of driving.
    I know it sounds cliché but you probably need to burn off some of the crap in there I'd do that before fouling a new set of plugs The tips of the old plugs don't look like they are fouled with oil from that angle in the picture you posted...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Another shot of the spark plug. Pretty dirty and you can see the oily residue around the crush washer at the base of the threads.

Name:  image000000 (6).jpg
Views: 361
Size:  231.5 KB

New coil pack on the left vs old coil pack on the right. These are the latest and greatest design. These packs are also used in the newer 328i and 335i models

Name:  image000000 (7).jpg
Views: 298
Size:  437.4 KB

Rough looking but running strong. Drove her home under the cover of darkness. I do need to replace the valve cover gasket and rebuild the vanos but that can wait. 3 weeks of going to bed at midnight and waking up at 5am has caught up with me. Going to catch some ZZZs

Hood goes on tomorrow or Monday. New lenses and weather strips / seals for headlights next week. Other than that, no car things for a few weeks. I need a well deserved break. Going to enjoy a few brews this weekend for sure

Name:  image000000.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  365.3 KB

Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast