Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Dude BMW loves plastic.. So many plastic parts on this car.

I broke my F-connector by accident since it was old and brittle. Survived during the new DISA and lower intake boot but not this time around
    Sucks. I was told to never mess with that F connect unless you have a spare on hand. Hope others will read and heed.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Sucks. I was told to never mess with that F connect unless you have a spare on hand. Hope others will read and heed.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous
    Yes, def keep one on hand. If you plan on replacing lower intake boot, cleaning ICV, rebuilding DISA, anything that would require you to remove it, buy one ahead of time ESPECIALLY if you plan on doing your work over the weekend. BMW list price is over $8 dollars, but they can be had online for $2-$4. I bought one at a BMW dealership for $4.xx, and I bought my entire CCV kit from the dealer here in Irvine, but did not pay list price

New CCV Parts.

Work continues tomorrow. Going to buy oil and prep the engine for the intake manifold to be remounted on the block. I covered all open holes but realized I never put anything over the vent on the hood. I am hoping that condensation didnt drip into anything. Buying oil and going to do an oil change before I fired it up again. Its been apart for a week and just sitting in the parking lot.

New Intake manifold gaskets, all new CCV, New F connector. Cant wait to drive it without a vacuum leak. I am expecting a noticeable difference in performance and driveability, but have a feeling the Vanos seals will need to be addressed pretty quickly here for full enjoyment.

Will have a large amount of photos coming on Sunday, so look for some updates
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks John! This car as been a journey, but honestly I like it that way. I've learned a lot about the engine already and have improved my skills and technique as an amateur mechanic

In to see how "easy" your install is... I have a leaky tube that will need addressed at some point.

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyMikel View Post
    In to see how "easy" your install is... I have a leaky tube that will need addressed at some point.
    Re install of the intake manifold wasnt as hard as I thought it was going to be. Just a lot of steps to keep in order so you dont get hoses and electrical cords crossed over in the back and so you dont forget the little things. Everything goes back in place really easy and the lay out makes sense. Dont forget to re clip things under the manifold before bolting it down again Took about 3-4 hours to do. Inlcuding a trip to the parts store and call to my buddy. His e36 M3 spontaneously caught fire while he was grocery shopping.

I didnt take that many photos today, just wanted to get it done. Ill have a big update post or two tmrw including most of the tear down

Keep at it and she will be up and running soon

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Happy to report

MY CAR IS FINALLY RUNNING GREAT!

Sorry for the lack of major updates as promised, been so damn busy with work. My Bosses Boss is in town, and he is on East Coast time so Ive been working 6am to 6pm everyday.

Going to Euro Wednesdays Tonight in Irvine if anyone else plans on heading out, ill be there. My car needs a bath though :/

I'll have an update tomorrow with some photos and a review of removing the intake manifold. The job wasn't that hard to be honest. And IMO removing the intake manifold is harder than installing it. Once you've had the manifold off, and get a 360 degree of the unit, everything makes sense when putting it back on.

Also, already got parts rolling in for the next step of the maintenance puzzle. After that, putting a deposit down on a room in Irvine so I can be close to work.

Once that is done, I am going to do something to the car that is not maintenance....... MMMMmmmmmmm Mods

On a budget still, and Ive been really liking the Vibrant muffler w/ resonator delete that a few members here have. I may join that club as I can do the work myself with tools and a welder from work, so really the expense is the muffler.

Or a bluetooth adapter. This is much more practical and sensible, butttt that exhaust note.

Don't know what else is out there for a few hundred dollar modification, but im open to ideas. Also, getting some Michelin PSS for the Fiesta ST

Glad you have it rolling again and are out and about enjoying it!

As for some mods, maybe a short shift kit? New steering wheel? Cell phone mount? Tint? I can't remember what you've done so far, and I'm far too lazy to look right now

Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast