Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Tint is a good call. Black leather seats in Socal sun will get hot. Short shifter is not a bad idea either. I am not a huge fan of the shifter feel. Going to order some Motul or Red Line and swap out the trans fluid and go from there.

A new short shifter with a new alcantara ZHP knob would be very nice. warm and fuzzy feeling

So picked up new Idler Pulley, Tensioner Pulley, and two new belts. Good project for tomorrow.

Only update :/ Still owe everyone pictures from the intake manifold removal but work has been so busy.

Internal audit tomorrow, so we will see how that goes

Does anyone here have an aftermarket short shifter?

Recently, shifting has become harder and there is almost a noise as a gear is selected. I know I need to adjust my clutch engagement point as I can hear a difference between clutch in / clutch out. There is a little drag happening which needs to be corrected.

I am not super satisfied with the shifter feel in this car, and would like a slightly shorter throw.

My first step is to swap out the 105k mile old transmission fluid for some redline or motul. A new shifter bushing was recommended.

Was wondering if I should bother with the shifter bushing, or just go aftermarket. I'll search the site some but figured I'd asked.

Are shifter bushings expensive? I have the UUC Evo3 kit. I wasn't super happy with their customer service (sent me the wrong parts and had to fight them about it). That aside, I enjoy the kit very much. Pretty expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Are shifter bushings expensive? I have the UUC Evo3 kit. I wasn't super happy with their customer service (sent me the wrong parts and had to fight them about it). That aside, I enjoy the kit very much. Pretty expensive though.
    Did you get the other part they provide for shifting? DSSR or something like that. Way too tired to remember acronyms for cars after using safety related ones at work all day.

Asides from the customer service, what are your impressions?

Rolled past 106,000 Miles!!!! Running the best it has since I bought it about 2 months ago!

Recap of maintenance thus far:

-New windshield washer fluid sprayer
    -New windshield wipers and fluid
    - New lower intake boot
    -New air filter
    - New F-connector
    -New DISA valve
    - Cleaned ICV valve
    -New vacuum lines
    - New intake manifold gaskets
    -Cleaned intake manifold
    - Cleaned injectors
    - Oil Change
    -Two new belts
    - New idler pulley
    -New tensioner pulley (tmrw)

This weekend I am going to put a spreadsheet together with part numbers and costs. This is something I have always done for my previous cars. I also include mileage at time of maintenance / mod. This goes a long way when it comes to tracking cost of ownership and due dates for continued maintenance. I am also going to round up all my photos and post them!!!! Should have some exciting stuff from the intake manifold to share. If I have some additional time, I'll start writing some DIYs so I can contribute to this community. Stay tuned! Happy almost Friday everyone

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Did you get the other part they provide for shifting? DSSR or something like that. Way too tired to remember acronyms for cars after using safety related ones at work all day.

Asides from the customer service, what are your impressions?
    I really like it. And yes, I did get the DSSR (double shear selector rod). The throws are nice. Notchier than before, but I like the feel.

Well, oil level low ish and just did an oil change. Think the oil filter housing gasket is getting worse. Actually have hit a few red lines now that the ZHP is running good. Leaky gasket no like redlines.

Have the new gasket and spare oil so just need the time. Hopefully Tuesday after work.

Damn, hot day to be working on the car but need to swap out the OFHG. Once done ill come inside and cool off and upload some photos. Need to clear them off my phone, taking up all the space

Wow its been awhile. Have been really wrapped up in work as the Board of Directors had a plant tour schedule for today. Tour went extremely well and all the long days payed off. The CEO was impressed and came to thank me personally, which was a moment. I take pride in my work and was glad it was recognized by the Higher Ups.

Anyways, now I can have a personal life again. Car maintenance has been on hold the last three weeks. Plans for this weekend include massive updates here and on e46f. I have some good photos and a write up for when I did the intake manifold.

Also, I have a water pump thats been on my desk for 2 weeks now and it needs to be installed ASAP. My current pump is starting to fail and is seeping coolant on to the belt, which is throwing it throughout the engine bay. I spotted a bunch of dried white spots on the airbox and sure enough, there was a stalactite growing off the bottom of the pump. It is going to be installed this weekend and I will do a step by step write up with photos.

Also, a few weeks back I swapped out my oil filter housing gasket. Have some photos for that as well. Getting quiet familiar with the front half of the engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast