Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Re: work, congrats! It's always nice to feel appreciated.

Re: water pump. Yuck, but at least it's a pretty quick and easy job.

Ive watched a few videos and it seems pretty simple indeed. One thing I am worried about is my hydraulic tensioner, or atleast the rubber boot part. I took the old belts off and put a new pulley on. Then a week later replaced another pulley, and noticed there was some slight cracking in the rubber. Need to remove th belts for a 3rd time this weekend so hopefully it holds up.

The other not so good thing is I found out my plastic under tray is zip tided into place and the other plastic parts under the car look like theyve been driven through gravel for miles on end.

Did buy a big new catch pan for the coolant though, so yay to new shop equipment

Cleaned the car this past weekend. Beautiful Socal day spent outside cleaning off a months worth of road grim and dust. The roads to and from my work are all under construction,new pipeline being put in. Also, I have learned why no one parks at the far end of the parking lot and thats because the trash truck comes, and when it dumps the hopper, saw dust goes everywhere. Also, the landscapers will no longer be using leaf blowers on our property because I lost my cool with one of the guys and yelled at the supervisor

Still being in a drought, I rarely wash my car, but figured it was time. Had access to a pressure washer so sprayed it down and used a Wash & Wax in one to minimize water usage. Not too bad id say
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Picked up a spare tensioner pulley yesterday. If any socal members need one, I got an extra on hand.

Recommend a good tint shop and it's yours. Dayum black leather gets hottt

Water pump with new hardware installed yesterday. I ended up doing a full coolant flush as well. The fluid that came out was disturbing. It was all brown and had an oily sheen to it. I noticed this while swapping the water pump and ended up flushing the system. Removed all the old fluid and added a new gallon of coolant mixed with distilled water. Being in Socal, my mix was not quite 50/50 but I am not worried about cold weather. I also bled the system properly and now my heat works! Its never that cold here, but I am up at 4 AM to drive to work some days and it is chilly.

I am dumping all the photos from yesterday on to my other laptop and will resize, name, and upload soon. In the mean time, this is something I have started to work on. There is a lot of data to be put in as well, but its coming together. I made an excel sheet to track all of my purchases, including tools, and the days & mileage the new parts were installed. Helps to organize continued preventative maintenance, and is also keeping my costs of ownership in perspective.

If anyone wants this excel sheet, I am happy to share. There are three pages, One for parts, one for tools, and the 3rd is used just to pile all the information together.

I'll have some photos and more updates this afternoon!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Very cool

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Very cool
    Thanks Vas. I've always done something like this in the past for all my cars. I am always surprised at what the total $$$$ end up to be.

I do something similar but with no pricing. Don't want a reminder lol

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Very nice spreadsheet! :D

I made one for my car too but probably not as detailed as yours. I did hide the costs in there but it is present.. I color coded and separated the maintenance, services, parts for breakdown for costs.

Awesome. Grt ss too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast