Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Time to play Doctor. Now I just need a sexy nurse...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SO intake manifold is coming out today. May not be going back in til next weekend.

So far, eliminated the lower CCV hose that connects to the dipstick as the source of my vacuum leak.However, after removing many parts, I notice there is a lot of oil on the engine around the Oil Air separator. There was also a big chunk of plastic just sitting there, so something is obviously broken.

Intake manifold is ready to come off. Fuel rail is unclipped and the manifold is loosened. Need a can of compressed air to blow crude away from ports before I take it off.

Will have some photos up when I take a lunch break. But for now, off to the hardware store.

Good luck.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Damn, so manifolds off. I believe my oil air separator was not functioning properly. None of the other hoses seems to be the problem, all seemed ok. One of the nipples on the back of the manifold is old and cracked a bunch, so that was another vacuum leak.

Under the manifold, there is a lot of oil on the block, and when I pulled the manifold off, there was oil all around the gaskets, inside towards the ports, and outside towards open air. I believe my CCV was not venting properly, and the seal between manifold and engine block was compromised.

Will have pictures up once my phone is charged.

Most likely wont have the car back together this weekend

Sorry for the bad cellphone quality photos. Once my iphone 6 is charged ill take some more photos, since its camera is far better than my samsung phone.

So i removed the intake manifold today, and found oil all around the gaskets. There was oil on both sides of the gaskets, both towards the ports and towards the open air. Here a re a few photos. Im pretty sure its not suppose to have oil there. There is also a large oil stain on the block below the oil air separator, so I believe that was not working as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

You weren't kidding.

Hope you getting it cleaned and buttoned up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    You weren't kidding.

Hope you getting it cleaned and buttoned up soon.
    Project is on hold til next weekend for now. unfortunately another week without the ZHP. Im hoping this massive vacuum leak is accounting for my power loss and that I won't have to do vanos seals.. but we will see.

Thanks BMWcurves. Did you see I found an answer to those ports?

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Project is on hold til next weekend for now. unfortunately another week without the ZHP. Im hoping this massive vacuum leak is accounting for my power loss and that I won't have to do vanos seals.. but we will see.

Thanks BMWcurves. Did you see I found an answer to those ports?
    Yup, interesting. It's just another layer of BMW's over-engineering (except when it's not, like plastic inlets on the radiator )

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Yup, interesting. It's just another layer of BMW's over-engineering (except when it's not, like plastic inlets on the radiator )
    Dude BMW loves plastic.. So many plastic parts on this car.

I broke my F-connector by accident since it was old and brittle. Survived during the new DISA and lower intake boot but not this time around

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast