Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    I might give this a try. I think my ZHP has bad cats, and I don't want to go catless. I think I still have my M3's original headers somewhere...

Sounds like you have all the major components you need (set of M54 flanges and S54 manifolds).

Since I haven't posted a follow up in a while.... since I put the post cat o2 sensor bung extensions on I have gotten a couple CEL over the course of the last 5-6 months. its seems to only happen when the car idles for a prolonged period of time, typically, for me that has been while sitting in grid at autocrosses. Its so infrequent I do not plan on further troubleshooting. Otherwise, performance, operation and sound are still A+.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Sounds like you have all the major components you need (set of M54 flanges and S54 manifolds).

Since I haven't posted a follow up in a while.... since I put the post cat o2 sensor bung extensions on I have gotten a couple CEL over the course of the last 5-6 months. its seems to only happen when the car idles for a prolonged period of time, typically, for me that has been while sitting in grid at autocrosses. Its so infrequent I do not plan on further troubleshooting. Otherwise, performance, operation and sound are still A+.
    Yeah I have the major pieces, but what I'm missing is time. We'll see.

If I do end up going this path, I'll try to figure out the o2 sensors stuff. I think taking parameters from the Z4m software may do the trick (its dme is much closer to the ZHP DME than the M3 DME is)

wow I just read this whole thread, great job you did on the exhaust manifolds and they sound good to :
    https://d1juqo69tkizbw.cloudfront.net/a3143453-51cd-48a0-a592-16605b6b59d5.large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorman5174 View Post
    wow I just read this whole thread, great job you did on the exhaust manifolds and they sound good to :
    THANKS!

@GoGators thank you so much for documenting your journey here. I've been looking for a catted header solution for the M54 and this looks to be the most reasonable solution, despite the headaches involved. I picked up a set of M3 headers the other day and am hoping to do this project over the winter.

Also just came across these SS flanges with 3 machined bores for mating to round tubes. I'll have to measure the tubes on the S54 headers to see how they match up to the bores before ordering, but they look pretty nice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/K-Precision...l/253008577732

Good find on those flanges.. hopefully they’ll do the trick. If I was still in Jersey, this is the route I would take.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Any thought on using S54 Euro headers and cats?
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    Any thought on using S54 Euro headers and cats?
    You would definitely have to code out the O2 sensors with the cats being that far from the engine, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Still have to change out the flanges of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    You would definitely have to code out the O2 sensors with the cats being that far from the engine, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Still have to change out the flanges of course.
    The S54 gets away with the cats that far away, why do you think that would be a problem for the M54?
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast