Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Looks great! hard to believe how crappy the m54 exhaust is. Looking forward to you review of them once you get them bolted up and running
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Looks great! hard to believe how crappy the m54 exhaust is. Looking forward to you review of them once you get them bolted up and running
    +1

got the aft header installed yesterday. took about an hour. two of the nuts had to be turned 'flat by flat' with an open end wrench... should do the forward header today. I expect it to be much worse. the void where it goes is how I was able to easily access the aft header.

Stock M54 manifolds are such garbage. Ugh. Almost physically painful to look at lol. I think I might get the Bimmerbrakes headers one day after all.

That aside, your S54 retro is coming along great.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Very impressive work!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

thanks. got the second (forward) header on yesterday. it took about 3 hours, including a trip to napa to get a crows foot 11mm. two of the nuts had to be tightened with the crows foot and a couple wobbles to a wrench, turning, flat by flat.... not fun. got the underside of the car put back together. today, hopefully, I will get off work in time to start working on modifying the exhaust to adapt to the m3 section one pipe...

When I did my headers and sect 1 in my M3 it was a Beouch!! Hours and Hours of frustration but so worth it in the end.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Wow, that is the crappiest exhaust manifold I have ever seen! Great progress, like the project.

Definitely putting in catless headers after I pass my next smog. No wonder these cars pick up as much power as they do just by swapping those POS out

mating the 325i donor exhaust system that I previously 'muffler deleted' to the m3's section 1 pipe is going to be slightly more difficult than anticipated. the distance between the centerline of the parallel tubes is about 2" wider. So, I will have to shorten the inboard 45 deg run that goes to the first resonator. Will also have to fabricate a new hanger that mounts to the transmission since the wider spread will mean the factory hanger will be too narrow...

But the hard part is done and you have proven that M3 manifolds can be modified to work... at least physically so far...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast