Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Clear reflectors for front completely do not fit

https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...ear-and-Smoke/
    Bimmian number CSR46FCFN, which can't be searched on Bimmian.
    P
    er Bimmian: "INSTALLATION DIFFICULTY: SIMPLE No Tools, Anyone Can Install"

Could never be installed without tools, even if they fit. And you'd need specialized plastic pry tools so as not to damage the paint or parts.
    These are very slightly too large. Cannot be made to fit into a ZHP airdam by any means short of grinding out the back of the body panel and modifying the reflectors. That's just a guess: I dont' know if these parts would ever fit.
    Name:  Bimmian-Clear-and-Smoke-Reflectors-For-BMW-E46-3-Series-Coupe-Sedan-Convertible-M3-1999-2006-00-.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  28.9 KB

Had the same problem with a clear set I got off of ebay last week, couldn't get them on either until I finally broke one.

Since I still had a good original OE orange installed on the driver's side, I picked up a passenger side one at the dealer. It's in there, but the fit on it isn't ideal either. Almost like it's a little too small, as the spring loaded bottom is too strong and doesn't want to stay down in place. So I'm not happy with it either, and it's genuine BMW....

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Really? I have Bimmian's color-matched bumper reflectors and they fit fine. Are you sure you ordered the right part, thought? I remember having to send Bimmian a picture of my car because they didn't believe me that I ordered the right part despite their website suggesting a different part.

Our coupe bumpers use the same reflectors as M3s and/or pre-facelifted coupes. Facelifted, non-ZHP coupes have different reflectors, hence the confusion.

That's helpful information. I don't recall Bimmian having any place to enter a ZHP flag when I placed my order. I did point this out to the customer service guy when I called for assistance. He didn't react as if there was any correlation to my problem.

ON EDIT: Nope: I misspoke above. Just checked the invoice: it states "Painted Reflectors Pair For E46 Coupe (00-03) & ALL M3 & All ZHP FRONT". Of course the reflectors are clear, but Bimmian's whole online system is pretty hard to deal with. I received clear reflectors.
    Last edited by Dual; 02-28-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Hmm...I don't know what to tell you. Are the clear reflectors the same shape as your old amber ones?

Yes. They seem as if they are probably less than a millimeter taller, and I get the sense that the car's body panel is thicker than the part was made to fit.

Huh, what did Bimmian have to say? Was your bumper ever replaced?

Bimmian bounced it around internally for several days and emailed me today:
    We have done quality control on this specific part. All reflectors are under Quarantine for the time being until it is confirmed that there is a bad mould confirmation. Any reflectors except the painted versions will be out of stock. We have also send a return label at this time to your email address.
    This came four days after they had sent me an RMA message instructing me to ship them back at my expense, which I of course did.

I have no reason whatsoever to think the car has had any body work. There's nothing in the Carfax, the dealer is highly reputable and proud of his damage-detecting techniques. The car has only 37,000 miles on it.

Seems like it's on their end. I hope they're willing to reimburse you for the shipping after this.

Let us know how it turns out.