Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yura's Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by yura View Post
    If you want any feedback, let me know!
    My big concern is towing. I drag a 3000 lb. boat and read that the new 3.5L 6 speed auto experiences a lot of gear changes and never gets into 6th when towing. I'm in the back hills and having the 4.0L 5 speed auto still seams likens better option.

This is my second Toy, I had a 88 second gen from 1988 threw 1996 and that truck was great on maintenance and performance. It was like an Eveready battery and just kept going and going. Interested on your opinion on the 2016 gen 3 Tacoma.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I've read people complaining about the automatic constantly switching gears on hills. One guy even traded-in his brand-new 2016 auto for a manual and said that was much better. Doesn't make sense to me as you can always push the auto into "sport" mode and choose the gear manually. I live in a pretty flat area so I've yet to experience anything of the sort. Butter smooth for me. I also read that the software learns your driving styles and adapts to it over time, so I'd imagine things will get even better.

Very cool! I like the modifications you've made so far. Why did you give up the MB?

I've never owned a truck, my family's never owned a truck, but I've always liked them for their utility and relative durability, depending on make and model.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Why did you give up the MB?
    All V6 Mercedes' from 2006 to 2008 are ticking time bombs - Google the infamous "balance shaft" issue. In the US, a class-action lawsuit recently ruled that MB has the cover all (or most) of the repair. In Canada we're not so lucky, and it's an $8000 bill at the dealer, or $3000 at the cheapest, shadiest Indy I could find. I did have Lubrico's private warranty remaining, but no guarantee that they would cover this repair, and even then, they have a max-payout of $2000. That, and upcoming maintenance (brakes were just about done - $1000 job; needed brake/tranny/diff fluids - another $500; front shocks were on their way out - $2000) made me long for a newer vehicle with better reliability and cheaper maintenance costs.

Plus, I do a ton of light off-roading, exploring and camping, and the versatility of a truck really appealed to me. I just ordered a canopy on the weekend (ETA 3-4 weeks) and plan to sleep in the bed when camping.

Dane - the size of your garage has got me drooling! Joys of condo living.

Is your OR stock?
    What is an OR?

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    What is an OR?

Sent from an S6 Edge
    TRD Off-Road. I've been spending too much time on Tacoma World

It's an OR. I'm on there occasionally.

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

A few shots of mine!

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Nice! Looks like an amazing pace. Makes me long for summer!

All V6 Mercedes' from 2006 to 2008 are ticking time bombs - Google the infamous "balance shaft" issue. In the US, a class-action lawsuit recently ruled that MB has the cover all (or most) of the repair. In Canada we're not so lucky, and it's an $8000 bill at the dealer, or $3000 at the cheapest, shadiest Indy I could find. I did have Lubrico's private warranty remaining, but no guarantee that they would cover this repair, and even then, they have a max-payout of $2000. That, and upcoming maintenance (brakes were just about done - $1000 job; needed brake/tranny/diff fluids - another $500; front shocks were on their way out - $2000) made me long for a newer vehicle with better reliability and cheaper maintenance costs.

Plus, I do a ton of light off-roading, exploring and camping, and the versatility of a truck really appealed to me. I just ordered a canopy on the weekend (ETA 3-4 weeks) and plan to sleep in the bed when camping.
    A buddy's brother I went to high school with really popularized the whole #vanlife thing (this guy: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/st...bro-topia.html). He's settled down a bit now, but for several years he just cruised around the US living out of his van and being a surf bum (DOWN BY THE RIVER). The vans and pickups his friends made were really impressive mobile living situations.

Not that you plan to go to that extreme, but I'm sure you'll have a great time with it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast