Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Vibrant Performance Exhaust

Hey Guys,

So I recently decided that I wanted to hear more sound from my car. I already have the GruppeM Intake, so the next mod on the list was an exhaust. Now, I am a college student, so I couldn't break the bank on a full catback exhaust, and I didn't really want an axle-back. So my first thought was to go with a muffler delete, but after lots of thinking, I didn't like the idea of not having a muffler on the car. So I decided to go with a Vibrant Performance Streetpower Muffler. (Part Number 1148).
    http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...products_id=51

I ordered the muffler off Amazon for $115 shipped. It arrived in 3 days from ordering. Packaging was good and the muffler looked great.
    Name:  20160303_200002.jpg
Views: 5055
Size:  1.28 MB
    Name:  20160304_092437.jpg
Views: 5264
Size:  1.75 MB

Some pictures of the install.

Name:  20160304_084239.jpg
Views: 4933
Size:  1.19 MB
    Name:  20160304_090624.jpg
Views: 4688
Size:  1.42 MB
    Name:  20160304_093916.jpg
Views: 4803
Size:  976.1 KB
    Name:  20160304_100357.jpg
Views: 5552
Size:  1.43 MB
    Name:  20160304_100408.jpg
Views: 4791
Size:  3.12 MB
    Name:  20160304_100423.jpg
Views: 4862
Size:  1.22 MB

Final Product

Name:  20160304_111652.jpg
Views: 4704
Size:  1.52 MB

Here are some quick videos that I took. I will have better videos and pictures soon.

Final Review:

The sound is great for the price. I paid less than $250 for everything. The muffler gave the car a very nice deep tone. The sound is much nicer than stock. I have no drone at cruising speeds on the highway and during normal city driving, the sound is great. And at WOT, it screams! Overall, I would reccomend this to anyone who wants a nice sound on their ZHP, but doesn't want to spend the money to go with a full catback.

*****UPDATE*****
    I have recently removed the second resonator so I could get a little more "loud". It has done exactly that. The second resonator was replaced with straight pipes. It sounds great and this is the setup that I have been wanting. No drone on the highway at all. Here is a video clip I took of the car with the Vibrant Performance Muffler and the second resonator removed and replaced with straight pipes. This setup costs about $300, but that could price could be a little more/less depending on your local muffler shop.

AND LASTLY...... Luca tagged along with me to the muffler shop and then in the spur of the moment, decided to remove the first resonator on his ZHP. So his ZHP is now straight-piped all the way back to the muffler. So what I wanted to do was get a sound comparison video between both our cars. I will make another video like this in a couple of months, that way we can get a clip of the exhausts fully broken in.

The Black ZHP (Luca - bosszhp)
    Vibrant Performance Muffler
    Both resonators removed

The Red ZHP (Me)
    Vibrant Performance Muffler
    Second Resonator Removed

These exhaust really do sound amazing and I reccomend it to everyone looking to get an exhuast, and doesn't want to drop a bunch of $$$$$ on it. For the price you get this at (<$350), it can't be beat. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by FL116; 07-17-2016 at 05:57 AM.
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Thanks for sharing. Any improvements on the butt dyno scale?!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Any improvements on the butt dyno scale?!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous
    Ehh not really. But the muffler is MUCH lighter than the stock muffler.
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Bryant it looks like money well spent! The exhaust does have a nice deep sound to it. Thanks for sharing your review!

Did you keep the old exhaust? You might be able to sell it. I've got a small hole developing in mine...

---

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Bryant it looks like money well spent! The exhaust does have a nice deep sound to it. Thanks for sharing your review!
    Thanks Charlie!

Did you keep the old exhaust? You might be able to sell it. I've got a small hole developing in mine...
    I do have the rest of the exhaust, yes. But I will keep it just in case
    --Bryant

Good review! Video definitely makes it sound quite nice. The black looks great IMO, goes well with the bumper. Great choice for the price!

It's probably minimal, but any weight savings between the two? The Vibrant exhaust looks like it weighs less than the stock one.

---
    Maybe we can work something out... I was considering using my 2nd ZHP Exhaust to route a Quad muffler like InsidePerformance, but I'll keep you in the loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Good review! Video definitely makes it sound quite nice. The black looks great IMO, goes well with the bumper. Great choice for the price!

It's probably minimal, but any weight savings between the two? The Vibrant exhaust looks like it weighs less than the stock one.
    The Vibrant Muffler is definitely a lot lighter than the stock muffler. And yes, I love the black look!
    --Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Maybe we can work something out... I was considering using my 2nd ZHP Exhaust to route a Quad muffler like InsidePerformance, but I'll keep you in the loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm. Interesting. Thanks.

---

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast