Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bosszhp View Post
    Did you install them yourself or have a shop do them? Might have to do it as well. What is the noise difference like?
    I had my shop do it along with a ton of other stuff. It was simple enough for them in the middle of everything else that they actually didn't bill me any time for it.

The difference between the poly mounts and M3 rubber is night and day. It is MUCH nicer in the cabin now. I haven't detected any extra slop in my shifts or acceleration either. I figure that since BMW decided to use those mounts on their Street "race car" that they should do a good job on this street car.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternalis View Post
    I had my shop do it along with a ton of other stuff. It was simple enough for them in the middle of everything else that they actually didn't bill me any time for it.

The difference between the poly mounts and M3 rubber is night and day. It is MUCH nicer in the cabin now. I haven't detected any extra slop in my shifts or acceleration either. I figure that since BMW decided to use those mounts on their Street "race car" that they should do a good job on this street car.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Nice. My car is going to be at my Indy to replace a bearing in the steering rack and wheel bearings, might have them do these too because I have a ton of cabin noise between all those worn bearings lol

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

No one seems worried about backpressure changes or other issues which might crop up from this mod? Not being argumentative, just double-checking before I make a move.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

In comparison, the full cat back Corsa system I have in my car uses what they call reflective sound technology... all I know is when I looked through the resonators and the muffler, they are all strait through... no restriction at all. It didn't negatively affect the performance at all... if anything it made my Dinan stage 3 tune work even better...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    No one seems worried about backpressure changes or other issues which might crop up from this mod? Not being argumentative, just double-checking before I make a move.
    I'm not worried about it.
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Got an 1148 (2.5") en route to local exhaust shop.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Got an 1148 (2.5") en route to local exhaust shop.
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Bump. Update.

I believe the exhaust is fully broken in now and it sounds great! It has gotten much louder since day 1. I have kept the resonators in since the muffler sounds so good as it is. That's just a quick little update.

As for th people who have gotten these mufflers installed, I would love to see more videos of it.
    --Bryant

Hopefully a month out from this exhaust. Most maintenance is complete, enough for now anyways. Just hope nothing breaks in the mean time

I did not realize, although should have presumed, that there was a 2.5" and 3" version. On my BRZ, I originally went with a 3" cat-back. I found a 3" to be too large for the 2 liter and there was a noticeable drop in low end torque, but some gains up top. I down sized to 2.5" and was much happier with the second exhaust equipped. The 3" inch pipe really was only needed for FI cars in that application.

My thoughts here, with 3L I-6 (vs 2L H-4) is that the 3" would be better, especially if a tune and intake was in mind.

Id like to hear peoples reasoning as to why they chose the size they did. I will most likely remove the resonator as well

Quote Originally Posted by FL116 View Post
    Bump. Update.

I believe the exhaust is fully broken in now and it sounds great! It has gotten much louder since day 1. I have kept the resonators in since the muffler sounds so good as it is. That's just a quick little update.

As for th people who have gotten these mufflers installed, I would love to see more videos of it.
    Lets meet up and I'll convert you to the resonator delete again

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast