Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I always wonder if there isn't some downside or diminishing return of having sharp angles to maintaining similar pipe length vs. getting it close in length similarity but less aggressive angles of the tubing.

Then again, I have no background in gaseous physics or compressible flow
    If you really want to see some debate over this, log onto any Subaru forum LOL

So, the headers have been installed. And.... IT SOUNDS AMAZING! Very loud! But oddly, doesn't drone too much when cruising at highway speeds. I have only driven ito maybe 20 minutes total (it's late at night now), but I must say, I am so happy with the results! My girlfriend even asked why I didn't do this mod earlier lol
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by FL116 View Post
    So, the headers have been installed. And.... IT SOUNDS AMAZING! Very loud! But oddly, doesn't drone too much when cruising at highway speeds. I have only driven ito maybe 20 minutes total (it's late at night now), but I must say, I am so happy with the results! My girlfriend even asked why I didn't do this mod earlier lol
    Can't wait to hear it in person! So now you can help me install headers on the M when the time comes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Quote Originally Posted by bosszhp View Post
    Can't wait to hear it in person! So now you can help me install headers on the M when the time comes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It was a painful install lol
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Some video clips of the exhaust with the ebay headers installed.

--Bryant

Any of you with the Vibrant exhaust experienced any rattling noise during idle? The temperatures have dipped here to low single digits (38F-42F) in the mornings and when I went to drop by wife off at the subway station, as soon as she opened the door to get out, there was a loud rattling noise coming from the rear end.

Later, when I got to work and put my car to 'P' and got out of the car, the rattle was still there. I put my foot against the exhaust outlet for a quick few seconds and the rattle went away. Foot off the exhaust, and the rattle comes back. Any clues?
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Might be bumping against the heat shield somewhere? Is the muffler welded on or bolted on? Maybe a nut is loose somewhere?

I just remember my father's 540i would get random clanking from the front right wheel when temps were around 32-37F. Turned out to be the dust plate was shifted in just the right way due to temps to make it bump against some other part of the suspension. No amount of tightening would fix it. Just ended up living with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Might be bumping against the heat shield somewhere? Is the muffler welded on or bolted on? Maybe a nut is loose somewhere?

I just remember my father's 540i would get random clanking from the front right wheel when temps were around 32-37F. Turned out to be the dust plate was shifted in just the right way due to temps to make it bump against some other part of the suspension. No amount of tightening would fix it. Just ended up living with it.
    Thanks! It is welded on. I will try to grab a better view of it later on...I too suspected a heat shield rattle.
    anandoc

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Ok, figured out what was causing the obnoxious rattling sound at idle. Ironically, it seems like a vibration dampener piece had come loose and was resting on the exhaust pipes. Pics:

Closer look:

I yanked it out and will put it back on when the car is on lifts next time. Not sure how this could just come loose on its own
    anandoc

Note failure of black finish 14 months after installation-
    Name:  tailpipe.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  81.3 KB
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast