Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Oooh looking forward to that!

Quote Originally Posted by FL116 View Post
    Update:
    I will be getting the second resonator taken out tomorrow. Luca will be tagging along on the adventure, so we will be able to get some nice before/after clips!
    Finally!!!!!!! Now we can drive next to each other with our windows down WOT and enjoy a symphony

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

So I went with Bryant this morning to get his second resonator taken out and this happened...

I took my second resonator out! So now it is completely straight-piped to the Vibrant Muffler and my god does it sound amazing. Hear for yourself:

Bryant has a revving comparison video I'm sure he'll post soon with the 2nd resonator vs both resonator delete. The crackling/popping sound this setup makes is intoxicating, it's similar to having the first resonator deleted just more audible and a little higher pitch, plus the added crackling. And the best part? With the windows up cruising on the highway there is no drone! But give it the beans and she sings. Nice deep tone below 3k and when you get into the higher RPMs it screams.

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

I'm planning on getting the exhaust and the first resonator done within a year.

Are you heading to the reunion? Would be nice to hear it in person.

Damn, sounds nice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post

I'm planning on getting the exhaust and the first resonator done within a year.

Are you heading to the reunion? Would be nice to hear it in person.
    Not sure yet if I'll be coming.

Luca

I will be posting videos tomorrow. I have a nice comparison video as well. Stay tuned
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

***I HAVE UPDATED THE ORIGINAL POST WITH NEW VIDEOS***

I have recently removed the second resonator so I could get a little more "loud". It has done exactly that. The second resonator was replaced with straight pipes. It sounds great and this is the setup that I have been wanting. No drone on the highway at all. Here is a video clip I took of the car with the Vibrant Performance Muffler and the second resonator removed and replaced with straight pipes. This setup costs about $300, but that could price could be a little more/less depending on your local muffler shop. I willove make more videos of this setup as well.

AND LASTLY...... Luca tagged along with me to the muffler shop and then in the spur of the moment, decided to remove the first resonator on his ZHP. So his ZHP is now straight-piped all the way back to the muffler. So what I wanted to do was get a sound comparison video between both our cars. I will make another video like this in a couple of months, that way we can get a clip of the exhausts fully broken in.

The Black ZHP (Luca - bosszhp)
    Vibrant Performance Muffler
    Both resonators removed

The Red ZHP (Me)
    Vibrant Performance Muffler
    Second Resonator Removed

These exhaust really do sound amazing and I reccomend it to everyone looking to get an exhuast, and doesn't want to drop a bunch of $$$$$ on it. For the price you get this at (<$350), it can't be beat. Thanks for reading!
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Thanks for updating! They both sound really good. I assume the last person revving in that video is Luca's car?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Thanks for updating! They both sound really good. I assume the last person revving in that video is Luca's car?
    Yes, Luca was the last to rev.
    --Bryant

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast