Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Removing Sticky Wheel Weight Residue

Previous Owner of the car had new tires mounted and balanced prior to my purchase.

The old residue from the left-over removed wheel weights is still there. I've tried Goo Gone but this residue isn't budging.

I don't want to attack it with a razor blade, but it seems I may have to go that route.

Thoughts?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I used Goo Gone and a plastic putty knife on my VMR's but ended up making some scuff marks on the barrel. So it worked but not without leaving some marks.

For others that may read this: be certain to rinse thoroughly with water if you use Goo Gone.

I used a razor blade on a set of BBS CH we had.

I was afraid the finish would scratch, but surprisingly it didnt. Be extremely careful if you do it though. It's not guaranteed

Tide laundry detergent
    works good on greasy hands.

Rubbing alcohol or 3M Adhesive remover is what I use. Saturate with either, let it set for a minute, comes right off. When I get new tires I remove all the weights and residue before hauling wheels to the tire shop (I truck them so they don't have to touch my car). WD40 works too.

My preference is the 3M Adhesive remover. Not only is it great for this purpose, it also does a great job of removing melted on rubber residue from track days.
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

If you are going to scrape it, use a plastic razor blade. Some auto stores carry them.