Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Rear LED tails

Rear LED tails

So I noticed for a while now that my driver rear LED Tail lights don't work properly. The amber signal part works fine but the red brake LED portion is dim but often times works when its warmed up or something.

I think its a wiring issue and not the LEDs because I swapped in another set of tails and its the same results.

Anybody have any idea of this? Or where to start and look?

Thanks

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

which ones do you have/how long have you had them?

if i had to take a stab, if its got some sort of module for each tail light i would think maybe that was bad/going out.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    which ones do you have/how long have you had them?

if i had to take a stab, if its got some sort of module for each tail light i would think maybe that was bad/going out.
    I've had the Eagle Eye Tails for a good year more or less. Hmmmm its weird because my previous set had the same issue.

I once had to re solder some of my trunk wires because they were old and bent. I wonder if this is the same case.

-Daniel
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

Strange Daniel... I have been using Eagle Eyes on my ZHP over 4 years now and don't have the issues you're experiencing with yours. One thing I did was add additional weather strip when I mounted my EE tails onto the car to provide a better seal... I will be redoing my weather strips this Spring but other than that I haven't had any issues.

I have noted that the weather strip that comes with the Eagle Eyes are cheap and think this is cause to EE issues, which is why I added a thicker foam type weather strip to my car... I think with these tails, it's important to have a very good seal against the mounting surface so the tails are completely sealed so to speak. Over time the weather seals that come with the Eagle Eyes don't seem to provide a good seal and that's when problems arise....just my observation...

any pics of that Charlie?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I will try to post some pics tomorrow. Taking the morning off to do some maintenance on the ///M. I plan to change out wheels on the ///M and then I will take one of my tails out to show the weather strip I laid out before installing my EE on my ZHP...I learned to do this after having EEs on my 323i....

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I will try to post some pics tomorrow. Taking the morning off to do some maintenance on the ///M. I plan to change out wheels on the ///M and then I will take one of my tails out to show the weather strip I laid out before installing my EE on my ZHP...I learned to do this after having EEs on my 323i....
    any pics??

I am still trying to figure out what the issue is with mine. It was working a while back and it just recently stopped working. ARGH

I think I might strip out all the inner trunk linings and inspect the wiring looms.

Thoughts anyone?

-Daniel
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete