Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bringing back old thread with newbie question - if I replace control arms, do I still need to do FCAB? Example- if I had this refresh kit. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-33500429577kt

I spoke with an Indy about control arm bushing price and he says sorry I don’t do that. I only do control arm and tackle the bushing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dwonder View Post
    I spoke with an Indy about control arm bushing price and he says sorry I don’t do that. I only do control arm and tackle the bushing with it.
    While normally I'd be inclined to say he's just being a dick, it really does make more sense to do both at the same time. It's way easier installing CABs with a new control arms when everything is nice and fresh.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    While normally I'd be inclined to say he's just being a dick, it really does make more sense to do both at the same time. It's way easier installing CABs with a new control arms when everything is nice and fresh.
    Makes sense. In the kit I referenced, I would still need to buy the FCABs right?

In the kit I referenced, I would still need to buy the FCABs right?
    Looks like it - no lollipops or bushings in the group photo.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

What exactly do you need replaced? If you're gonna go with a suspension refresh kit just because, I'd go with the ZHP 8-piece kit Lemforder kit, which is significantly cheaper and more comprehensive than what you linked. Then, I'd add shocks/struts as needed.

8-piece kit:
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...zhp8piecekit-l

Once you tell me what your objective is, I can piece together a better tailored listing for you.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Occasionally I feel vibrations when accelerating getting onto highway. I was going to take to shop to have them check it out but I would order parts. Generally, do y’all refresh suspension while tackling FCABs or wait until they leak/fail?

Occasionally I feel vibrations when accelerating getting onto highway. I was going to take to shop to have them check it out but I would order parts. Generally, do y’all refresh suspension while tackling FCABs or wait until they leak/fail?
    Not exactly sure what you are asking. Refresh fcabs or refresh other suspension components while doing fcabs?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Vibrations while accelerating can be associated with FCAB. Real easy to tell under hard braking do you feel vibration?

Concur with your indy. If you are replacing the control arms then you should replace the FCAB.

Honestly I would just replace the FCAB from what you have described

Or

Do the full 8 piece kit refresh.

Just the FCAB takes care of most of the issue. Ie first to fail component.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

I swapped out my front control arms at 141K miles. They were still good. On the other hand, I probably replaced the control arm bushings at least 4 times since I bought the car with 44k on it. I can swap out the lower control arm bushings in little over 1/2 hr. The whole control arm will take a lot longer.

IMO, if you're on a budget or plan on not keeping the car for a long time, save yourself some money and just replace the bushings and see where you are. If you're going to keep the car a long time and want to get back to a good starting point, replace everything with one of those kits
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I swapped out my front control arms at 141K miles. They were still good. On the other hand, I probably replaced the control arm bushings at least 4 times since I bought the car with 44k on it. I can swap out the lower control arm bushings in little over 1/2 hr. The whole control arm will take a lot longer.

IMO, if you're on a budget or plan on not keeping the car for a long time, save yourself some money and just replace the bushings and see where you are. If you're going to keep the car a long time and want to get back to a good starting point, replace everything with one of those kits

On the flip side, my control arms (specifically the ball joints) were shot at just 112k miles, both sides. Everyone's situation is different, which is why it's important to evaluate the situation and then make a choice.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123