Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I have the Z4M FCABs and really like them. Their part numbers are left: 31107836862, right: 31107836863.

Although mileage and road conditions matter for the control arms, you should also consider age and the ball joint in there. I don't have any experience with them, but since they're part rubber, and rubber gets old and brittle, you might consider changing them if they're original.
    Thanks for the input I'll probably be picking up the z4m fcabs since everyone upgrades to them and will be getting zhp control arms

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk
    Z4M FCAB's , M3 Strut Bar , Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates , M3 Engine Mounts , ECS Black Kidney Grilles , Satin Black Apex ARC-8 17" x 8.5" Squared set up, Alcantara Coby wrap w/ Blue stitching

Something to consider: the Meyle HD control arms have all metal ball joints. Which is what zhp specific control arms have. They're cheaper than the lemforder or oe tagged ones. They seem to have good reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by onaquest; 03-11-2016 at 10:16 PM. Reason: fixed typo

The price difference isn't very big anymore. You can get the Lemforder ones for about $350. The Meyle ones for $280. I'd go with Lemforder every time with that small of a price difference (these are items that should last in excess of 100k miles)

I had meyle FCABs and they came apart after less than a year. I can't speak to the arms themselves but I'd go Lemforder.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

I've been reading a lot around here regarding the Z4 M bushings. Now I know the reason for the "upgrade" is to get a little more caster but I have a few questions. From reading it sounds like steering will take a bit more effort? (I guess you'd call it heavy steering). I know the e92's and such need a bit more effort to turn the wheel unlike a e46. Also I'm assuming the car will need to be re aligned after no?

When you change the FCABs you'll want an alignment. Yes, from my experience Z4M FCABs do increase steering effort. I quite like it.

Definitely get an alignment. I know someone who didn't and wore thru some tires quicker than expected...

Can't say I noticed anything but improvement in the steering.

Previous owner of my car installed the Meyle HD front suspension refresh kit linked below at ECS Tuning.

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-33...3.0L/ES205226/

Will the Z4M FCABs fit to replace the Meyle FCABs?

From what ELCID86 said I am not sure I want to leave those Meyle FCABs in much longer!

Z4M bushings should fit fine on the Meyle arms

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Z4M bushings should fit fine on the Meyle arms
    +1

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast