Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cats REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The problem is that the cats are part of the exhaust manifolds which makes any option, even OEM replacement very expensive. Used ones would be the cheapest route. Perhaps you can find a set on one of the forums where someone is selling due to header installation. That would be a safer bet than a junkyard...
    With the amount he drives, I think new is the best option. Used ones are a lot closer to their own "sell by" date. It would be a waste of labor $$ to install a used set, IMO.

At over 30k a year, the miles add up QUICKLY!

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Where is cheapest place to get these new? And how hard if a diy is this or is it just better to pay someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
    Where is cheapest place to get these new? And how hard if a diy is this or is it just better to pay someone?
    GetBMWParts.com has 18407514502 and 18407514503 for $744.37 apiece.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Do they do emissions sniffers in your state? If not, just go catless and tune with an o2 sim to keep the OBD gods happy.
    - Evan - Karting Thread - YouTube -

They usually just do the connection to my reader connection and a gas cap test. Nothing up exhaust.
    I am Leary of passing the system though doesn't it work to keep fuel mix correctly? Besides I'd think labor is same regardless maybe a tad bit cheaper for parts.

The first set of O2 sensors do the mixture. The second set monitor the Cats. It's the second set you'd be bypassing.
    If the existing cats aren't affecting performance (clogged) you could just leave them in there
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12