Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Question

Tire Question

Anyone here ever ran these BFG's? I'm between these and the Continental DWS 06 (need something affordable and quick). I know the DWS are well enough liked around the forum, but the reviews on the BFG's on multiple sites have been very good. If there isn't a convincing objection to this, I might just get them and share the result (before I inevitably go back to PSS once all the required maintenance and desired mods are completed).
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ance%20Package

If PSS is your preferred tire, why go with DWS? The DW would be the more comparable tire to the PSS. I run DW's on my ZHP and absolutely love them. Had PSS's before, got lousy wear in the rear so decided to try the DW's, and haven't been disappointed. Cheaper, still plenty of grip, not quite as harsh, and 2 lbs lighter. Lots to like.

The last time I ran BFGs was on my '77 Datsun pickup.. some big meaty Radial T/A's. Damn I'm showing my age!

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    If PSS is your preferred tire, why go with DWS? The DW would be the more comparable tire to the PSS. I run DW's on my ZHP and absolutely love them. Had PSS's before, got lousy wear in the rear so decided to try the DW's, and haven't been disappointed. Cheaper, still plenty of grip, not quite as harsh, and 2 lbs lighter. Lots to like.

The last time I ran BFGs was on my '77 Datsun pickup.. some big meaty Radial T/A's. Damn I'm showing my age!
    The PSS I have on my 335d have been overall excellent in the rain. I would swap them if I didn't need functioning tires on it when trying to sell it. I'm not personally familiar with other summer tires in the rain, and since this is the Northwest, another 3 and a half months of rain wouldn't be surprising, I was opting for some all seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post

+1

My father's E39 540i and mother's Volvo S40 T5 AWD both have Continental ExtremeContact DW tires that they use year round. They have great dry/warm weather performance. They do lose a little grip when it drops below 40F but it's not terrible and they have great wet weather performance, IMO. I just put on a set of Continental ExtremeContact DW tires and have been very happy with them in this recent deluge.

Cheap tires as well.

My 'vert has BFG's (G-force) that were on it when I bought it. When the rears wore out I simply replaced them and left the fronts alone since they seemed to still have plenty of tread. I bought the newer G-force Comp 2 for the rear. Although they have plenty of grip the rears have not lasted hardly at all....they are almost down to the wear markers and it seems its been 15Kmi since I put them on. The car is my wife's daily driver and it only sees regular around town driving. I am anxiously awaiting for them to be completely worn so that I can go to a square setup. I particularly do not like them up front....there are certain road conditions that the tires will just follow something in the road and create a ridiculous amount of pull in one direction or another. I've never felt tires pull so hard like that! Bottom line is, since the two style 135 18x8.5 wheels I just picked up already have Conti DWs, I will be trying those next.

FWIW, I am running Michelin A/S 3s on my e61 and absolutely love them.

-r

Good information all. That ruled out the BFG's for me. Went to my discount tire today to try and order some DW's and was told they were "discontinued"(unsure if that's actually true). While that was disappointing, I have a set of DWS 06's on the way. Worth noting for anyone who needs tires has time to run down there today, they'll price match the $100 off discount from the ebay store(ends today), and the actually in store prices are slightly cheaper.

Back in Oct, I went to DT to order 2 Conti DW rear tires, stock size. The employee told me they were discontinued and we looked at other options. Finally, I said let me think about it and left.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, I went to the same DT and other employee was able to order the same tires for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Back in Oct, I went to DT to order 2 Conti DW rear tires, stock size. The employee told me they were discontinued and we looked at other options. Finally, I said let me think about it and left.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, I went to the same DT and other employee was able to order the same tires for me.
    That is strange. They called their conti rep and asked about them and he said the same thing. I'll call again tonight to verify, as those would save me almost another 100 in comparison

I bought Continental DW tires from Discount Tire Direct just a month ago, no issue.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I bought Continental DW tires from Discount Tire Direct just a month ago, no issue.
    Which location? Maybe I can move around my tire deposit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast