Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Drop it like it's HAWT!

And so it begins.....after a Bimmerworld RTAB monoball install along with some KW Variant 2 coilovers, I took her out for random shoot while I was out doing some errands....

Just before the sunset I found a nice angle that would accentuate her curves, bumps and voluptuous booty:
    M3_Port_Moody-1837 by Trevor Mah, on Flickr

I have a 12mm rear spacer and 15mm front spacer on my OEM 19" wheels with the OEM front top hat pins removed for maximum camber:
    M3_Port_Moody-1842 by Trevor Mah, on Flickr

Then the magic began at golden hour where the sun crested and the camera was able to take in some nice warm light:
    M3_Port_Moody-Side by Trevor Mah, on Flickr

That mood didn't last long...
    M3_Port_Moody-Rear-Quarter by Trevor Mah, on Flickr

But as the night entered, her estoril blue came alive leaving a very happy purplish glow!
    M3_Port_Moody-Front by Trevor Mah, on Flickr

M3_Port_Moody-Front-Quarter by Trevor Mah, on Flickr

The suspension feels much more compliant than the OEM shocks. Every sharp bump on the road is met with a nice cushioning without the harsh bang, that I felt in the OEM struts. I have the suspension set very soft which is 2 clicks from the softest in the rear and 4 clicks from the softest in the front out of about 18 clicks. The vehicle hugs the ground very good and is fast enough to keep confident control at speed over road irregularities. The body of the car doesn't wallow or float and remains in easy control once I have lost traction in the rear which is still easy with this engine and the right pedal. I can confidently squeeze throttle down to squat the suspension and hold or I can upset the chassis with quicker throttle input and break rear traction progressively as I quickly countersteer and throttle out into a straight.

The Bimmerworld Monoball sealed bearing RTABs are something magical. Not only do they lack the introduction of any extra harshness or noise, but they direct the power to the ground immediately without the RTABs needing to flex and load up. That means in a corner you feel a quick reaction that is more direct than rubber or poly bushings. If you're rough with your throttle input I think monoballs will bite you faster than any other product since there is no split second of play to cushion the immediate power. I firmly believe in this product and I hope because of it's sealed nature, they will last far longer than the equivalent OEM rubber replacements of the same value.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Total drooling, gorgeous pics and stance. All win, almost like a silky rhubarb pie seen through a see-through silk dress under an early evening sky.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Perfection Trevor.

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Great set of photos

Drop it like it's HAWT!

Wow sweet pictures Trevor!! I love the color of your M3!!

I'm running the same spacer sizes as you. Are you lowered or stock height? I'm assuming lowered hence "Drop it like its Hawt" title.
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 03-19-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

trevor, that looks awesome. nice job with the pics, and the description - i think you "wax poetic" (nudge nudge, william ) about the BW spherical RTABs more eloquently than i do.

glad you're enjoying them (and the KWs) - now you know why i keep going on about them.

peter

2005 330iT ZHP | the Growlour

2010 328iT M Sport | smooth operator

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Wow sweet pictures Trevor!! I love the color of your M3!!

I'm running the same spacer sizes as you. Are you lowered or stick height? I'm assuming lowered hence "Drop it like its Hawt" title.
    I'm lowered at 13.25" rear and 12.75" front.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Wow this looks so good! Beautiful shots!
    Shawn, 801

Very nice photos.

How do you like the KW V2s?

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I'm lowered at 13.25" rear and 12.75" front.
    Ok Cool. Where did you measure it from? Looks Great!
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 03-19-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast