Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ACCIDENT , how to proceed??

Hey guys, last night I was sitting at a red light and got rear ended pretty good by a guy who was completely shitfaced. He had no idea what I was even screaming at him about when I got out of the car. Good news is my passenger and myself are pretty much ok, the bad is the bumper is pushed into driver side wheel, the trunk looks out of line now and he dented the panel under the driver side light. My question is now, how hard is it going to be to get it repaired without the insurance company saying you have a 330i that's only worth like $4k according to KBB, when we all know the value is much higher. I'm fearful they are going to say it will be a couple thousand to fix so they will total it, I will end up with a salvage title and will get completely fucked. Is there any way to avoid the insurance fuck job?? Please help I know I have read about the pain in the ass it is to prove what the car is worth. I just bought her 5 months ago so I have the records for what I paid, will that be enough?? Thanks
    Kev

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the accident but you and the passenger are ok...
    I don't have much experience but I have read that along with showing what you have paid, showing them listings of Zhp's that are in similar condition and asking price might help... From your description it seems like the damage is quite significant and it could cost you a lot of you don't go the insurance route... Hope it works out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

First and foremost, glad you and your passenger are safe. I'm sorry you got rear ended by a drunk, hope you got their info through through it all.

As for repairs, I don't really know. If you do go the route of the insurance because it will most likely be expensive to repair, I would do as San says and get together info on the price you paid and pull up listings of similar ZHPs and present it to the insurance adjuster.

Good luck, let us know what you do.

Glad to hear no one was injured. I got into a minor fender bender in a parking lot last year. I was found not at fault and the other driver's insurance paid $2000 for a new rear bumper and paint. Based from your description your accident is much worse than mine.

I agree with the posts above about gathering prices of other ZHP in case they try totaling it out.

If insurance presents a low appraisal value you can get a independent appraisal. My friend had to go that route when his M coupe was totaled.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

Also show/have copies of recent maintenance done. Good luck.

Better, the same, or worse than the below pics? The below represents about $9k in damage. If the car IS totaled, take everything from the car (even its soul). The only requirement was that it rolled (in my situation).

The other car.

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Keep in mind the car may have frame damage and be unsafe to drive. I would absolutely not get back into it or do a cheap repair.

It is not your insurance that will be paying for this damage - it'll be coming from the other guy. Actually, being that he was drunk, his insurance may be void and he may be on the hook for the $$$ himself. Don't know how that works with the insurers you'll be dealing with.

Do as much research into sale prices as you can, and when the car gets written off, push back hard on the price to get the most money you can. As Dane said, take out everything you can possibly re-sell.

Sorry to hear. Any images?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by yura View Post
    It is not your insurance that will be paying for this damage - it'll be coming from the other guy. Actually, being that he was drunk, his insurance may be void and he may be on the hook for the $$$ himself. Don't know how that works with the insurers you'll be dealing with.
    The drunk will likely be on the hook for his own vehicle and have to cover his own loss, and he will likely be dropped by his insurance company. However, his liability insurance will absolutely cover the OP's damages. That's exactly why most states force drivers to carry liability insurance. Of course, it's also highly likely that somebody who drives shit-faced also isn't current on insurance. Let's hope that's not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by yura View Post
    Do as much research into sale prices as you can, and when the car gets written off, push back hard on the price to get the most money you can. As Dane said, take out everything you can possibly re-sell.
    Definitely. Documentation, documentation, documentation. If you have proof of purchase price from five months ago, that's a great start. If you get any push-back and they go all NADA or KBB on you, then you can cherry-pick asking prices, cherry-pick eBay auction prices... Anything you can do to establish that your car is worth a hell of a lot more than whatever they think it is. Don't forget that the other driver's liability insurance is there to make you whole. That means if you have expenses related to alternate transportation, be it a rental car, mass transit, or whatever, they're on the hook for that that, too.

Don't worry about whether the insurance company is going to total it. If the damage is severe enough that the car is a write-off (from the sound of it, it is), then it is what it is. Take the money and go buy another. Like Dane said, strip it of everything you can. Let somebody deal with owning a branded title if that's the direction it goes.

Sorry!

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

So sorry to hear. Yup, what they all said. GL, keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast