Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Classing and LSD question

Does anyone know if I can change my open 3.07 diff to a 3.46 LSD and stay in the Street Prepared class? I know I can change it to a 3.07 LSD but I believe you aren't allowed to change the gear ratio unless that gear ratio is available in another version of the car. Since other E46's have 3.46 ratios does this count and mean I can use a 3.46 LSD?
    2004 Silver Grey ZHP Sedan 6 Speed Manual
    CDV Delete, AUX Input, Clear TMS Lights, Stealth Bulbs, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, Black Grille,
    aFe Stage 1 CAI Pro 5r, Dinan Front Strut Brace, CF Splitters, Active Autowerke Headers

I would say technically no. Considering that you couldn't get a manual with the 346. however, I doubt anyone would ever question it or bump you for it...

that being said, obviously, 346 will help acceleration... but, for me anyway, I can typically stay in second on 90% of the autox courses I run, whereas others (including my nemesis AE86) have to shift to third to achieve the same mph... multiple shifts is surely a disadvantage in autox esp if you are really really really good at downshifts...

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    I would say technically no. Considering that you couldn't get a manual with the 346. however, I doubt anyone would ever question it or bump you for it...

that being said, obviously, 346 will help acceleration... but, for me anyway, I can typically stay in second on 90% of the autox courses I run, whereas others (including my nemesis AE86) have to shift to third to achieve the same mph... multiple shifts is surely a disadvantage in autox esp if you are really really really good at downshifts...
    I've never had to shift to third though I've hit the rev limiter once or twice. For me Autox is purely for fun, I just didn't want anyone getting mad at me for being in the wrong class lol, but that probably won't happen. Thanks for the help!
    2004 Silver Grey ZHP Sedan 6 Speed Manual
    CDV Delete, AUX Input, Clear TMS Lights, Stealth Bulbs, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, Black Grille,
    aFe Stage 1 CAI Pro 5r, Dinan Front Strut Brace, CF Splitters, Active Autowerke Headers