Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Power Steering!

Power Steering!

Hello!

Today as i was pulling out of my parking spot, i heard a few groans when turning the wheel followed by complete power steering failure. My guess is the rod in the P/S pump has given out and it is time to replace the pump. I've been reading that a common issue as well is the clogging of the reservoir filter, restricting circulation in the system. My guess, since there is 0% power steering actively working, is the pump is shot.

Anybody DIY this recently and can give me an exhaustive list of parts? I'm guessing ill be needing a new pump, reservoir, and maybe lines but not sure about anything else.

Also, since i will be removing the belt, is this a good time to do any other preventative maintenance? Any tips and tricks?

Thanks guys!

Connor

The same has happened to me before, so I can bet that the pump has indeed failed, if that helps you're questioning it or a clogged filter. Are you over 100k?

As far as the DIY goes, mine failed about a week after I bought the car from the dealer at about 130k, so they popped a new one in, no charge. I'm currently at 205k and the pump is leaking now, so I'm in the market for a DIY very soon, I'll keep an eye on the thread. Sorry I couldn't be much help!

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project