Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interior cleaning and restoration?

Whats up crew Im back at it again with questions. I just picked up a leatherique kit, my leather isnt too bad just my center armrest is really bad and my steering wheel is starting to crack. I should have taken pictures before i started messing around. So far the stuff is pretty great, steering wheel needs some more time i think but much better though, my center arm rest was completely dry and cracked on the driver side, let the stuff sit for 2 days got hydrated but the skin is still cracked pretty bad Ill take some pictures of it soon but

My question is How do you get rid of the cracks? I seen this filler stuff but i really dont want to get into that, any idea if i keep putting the rejuvenation on it for a week it might swell getting rid of those cracks?

My other questions is what do you guys use to get the rest of the interior clean and looking new (only my roof is alcantara)? I use hot water and a microfiber to clean everything but what about restoration, some spots are dried out and worn in some areas. I put some leatherique on the air horn part and the back of the steering wheel and it seemed to make it look fresh and new. Also what is this interior material its like leather but its not?
    Z4M FCAB's , M3 Strut Bar , Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates , M3 Engine Mounts , ECS Black Kidney Grilles , Satin Black Apex ARC-8 17" x 8.5" Squared set up, Alcantara Coby wrap w/ Blue stitching

There is no getting rid of cracks. Either you fill them, which is a temporary solution at best, or you replace it. Once leather cracks, it's too late.

Leatherique is great at maintaining healthy leather. It can help in some cases with hard leather as well, but after a certain level of hardness it probably isn't going to get much better. The leather starts cracking when it gets hard or extremely worn.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yeah, might want to start thinking of getting the wheel re-wrapped before it too cracks beyond repair. Check out the Coby Wheel link up top. You cant go wrong..

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Interior cleaning and restoration?

Here's the pics

Not sure if the steering wheel is cracking or it's just worn

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk
    Z4M FCAB's , M3 Strut Bar , Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates , M3 Engine Mounts , ECS Black Kidney Grilles , Satin Black Apex ARC-8 17" x 8.5" Squared set up, Alcantara Coby wrap w/ Blue stitching

To me, the wheel just looks like its wearing. My armrest looks the same, it's usually the first to go. I'm thinking of just doing a delete once it gets worse. I find it impedes my gear change when I'm having fun with the car, anyway.

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Or could go with our affiliate sponsor @ www.cobywheel.com

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Coby wheel seems to only have alcantara do they do leather?

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MtechJon View Post
    Coby wheel seems to only have alcantara do they do leather?
    I swear I thought they used to, but I don't see any options for a leather wrap either.

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Quote Originally Posted by 09mageec View Post
    I swear I thought they used to, but I don't see any options for a leather wrap either.
    Mike does not do leather, typically. Last I heard he was playing around with a test wheel or two, but not done as a standard offering.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by 09mageec View Post

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Mike does not do leather, typically. Last I heard he was playing around with a test wheel or two, but not done as a standard offering.

+1

Never has done leather.

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast